CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

ASPUpload and "missing file/reference" when published...

Print topic Send  topic

Shnokey

Posted: 03/07/2004, 1:09 PM

Newbie -

Using a "local" copy of ASP Upload with the CCS "store" sample. Just trying to figure out how to upload document to a "library" and retrieve.

I have the application working locally - where the upload form "writes" to a table (6 columns) in the Access table with the document name, and a "document" column that holds the "PDF" name and ASP Upload info - and then I have a "link" on a "download" page referencing the data source (column) it's messy - but works (can only see the root drive - still have not figured out how to "link" to the folder I want to upload to)

I published the site on my ISP host (who supports ASP Upload) and it "acts" like it's uploading a document - but nothing in the designated folder - and no record in the "document" database column. It DOES record the other pieces of data (names, size and such) manually entered during the up-load - but nothing from the upload component or no "PDF" files saved in the designated folder. Hence - I can not associate the document to the record - and I can't see the document.

Again, it works locally - but not hosted - any thoughts?
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login