CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Login Error

Print topic Send  topic

langron

Posted: 03/08/2004, 11:39 AM

When I select Live Page on my Login Page, I get the error:

Database error: cannot use database connection1
MySQL Error: 1049 (Unknown database 'connection1')
Session halted.

I'm a newbie to CodeCharge and I'm trying to create and test my first login page. My project is very simple. I first created the login page. Then I created a user table and inserted data into an existing MySQL database. My database has other tables that I will use later in my project. I've also done the following in my Project Settings:

1) Selected the CONNECTIONS tab and established a MySQL database connection (connection1) to my database and I've verified the connection using the 'test' button.

2) Selected the SECURITY tab and included the appropriate connection name (connection1), the user table and the fields that contain the user information.

3) In my login page design mode, I selected the Login control and using the 'data' tab in the 'properties' window, I've selected the 'data source' in connection1 for the login and password fields on the control.

After doing all of this, I don't know why I'm getting the error. I'm thinking maybe it's because I don't have any grids or records set up in my project for the login to proceed to. Can someone help?
View profile  Send private message
langron

Posted: 03/08/2004, 2:34 PM

Sorry, never mind my request. Call off the dogs. I found the problem. I had specified the connection name rather than the database name when setting up the server side of the connections tab in the project settings.

But I was surprised to see a default login name and password on the login control when clicking on the Live Page. Can someone tell me why this happens?

Thanks - Ron L
JRB

Posted: 04/27/2004, 7:25 AM

I am having the same problem with the form fields showing default values. My connection settings are fine and I cannot find anything on the form or project that indicates it should save the form input.

Originally I thought it was just a cache issue but other browsers on our network pop the page up with ADMIN and the password filled in. Not very secure to say the least!

Don Safar
Posted: 04/27/2004, 10:33 AM

Check this post -- http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=44025

"JRB" <JRB@forum.codecharge> wrote in message
news:2408e6d7061634@news.codecharge.com...
> I am having the same problem with the form fields showing default values.
My
> connection settings are fine and I cannot find anything on the form or
project
> that indicates it should save the form input.
>
> Originally I thought it was just a cache issue but other browsers on our
> network pop the page up with ADMIN and the password filled in. Not very
secure
> to say the least!
>
> _________________
> \\
> ---------------------------------------
> Sent from YesSoftware forum
> http://forums.codecharge.com/
>

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login