CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Display information in a form based on session id

Print topic Send  topic

babymerc

Posted: 03/10/2004, 12:27 AM

Please help..

My problem is I want to display User Information based on the current session_id() in a form built by Record Builder.;-)
I've created a table(temp) with fields Sid(for Session Id), Username(for username), Add(for Address). Then, a form using the Record Builder in CCS(with Datasource=temp).
I use this code to call the current Session Id and set the variable for Session Id.

session_start(); //starts the session
$sesid = "". session_id(); //assign the value to $sesid
print $sesid; //check to see if code is working?answer=yes

My idea is:
SELECT Username, Add FROM temp WHERE Sid = '$sesid';

...and the result will(should) be displayed in the from that i created using the Record Builder. I know the codes for this form is generated by CCS in the code section of CCS. BUT...because I'm not familiar with PHP, I do not know where to set the value of $sesid so the form will display the Information of the current session_id().

Thank You.
View profile  Send private message
RonB

Posted: 03/12/2004, 6:55 AM

A few questions spring to mind:
- do you want this to occur without the user loging in. If yes this is not possible. Sessionid says nothing about the user. There is no correlation between the session id and the id of the user. The only way to get info from the user is to force them to login.

- if you are asking users to login ....why mess with sessionid's Just use the functions that come with CCS (CCGetUserID()) and query the database :
$db= new clsDBtemp();   
$Gridname->controlname->setvalue(CCGetDBValue("SELECT  concat_ws(' ', user_name,Add) userinfo FROM UserTable WHERE user_id=" .CCGetUserID() ,$db);   
unset($db));
RonB

Posted: 03/12/2004, 6:59 AM

Should be:
$db= new clsDBtemp();     
$Gridname->controlname->setvalue(CCGetDBValue("SELECT  concat_ws(' ', user_name,Add) userinfo FROM UserTable WHERE user_id=" .CCGetUserID() ,$db));     
unset($db);  

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login