CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

App Builder missing some columns in db-form creation?

Print topic Send  topic

mayeski
Posted: 03/12/2004, 12:46 PM

I'm trying the Studio product out, and finding it an excellent tool, but have run into a problem. Using Application Builder, because I typically have 35 - 50 SQL Server 2000 tables that all should look and behave the same, I have found that while I expect that a text box for each column on each table to be generated, many of them have a random column missing. At first, I thought the missing columns were identity columns or other autoincremented fields, but many of those show up just fine. These missing columns are missing only in the Add boxes, not the List or Search - those seem to follow my choices in the design part of App Builder.

Any ideas on why I am getting this and what I might be doing wrong? I checked the FAQ and the forum and could not uncover anything pertinent - which doesn't mean info is not there<g>.
TIA.
peterr

Posted: 03/12/2004, 1:25 PM

Do you possibly have spaces or other non-alpha in the database field names?
Also, are these maybe key fields?
Lastly, try unchecking the option "Autoincremented primary keys" on step 2 of the Application Builder.
View profile  Send private message
mayeski
Posted: 03/14/2004, 9:47 PM

Thanks much - it was the last, "autoincrement primary keys".

Great product; I'll be buying it tomorrow; this great support is part of the reason!

- Simon.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login