CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

How to change themes?

Print topic Send  topic

lquental

Posted: 03/13/2004, 9:45 AM

Hi everyone,

I have an ongoing project with CCS, and I woul like to change the themes of every form on the project. How can I do it globaly, or form by form?

If I right click on the project inside th IDE "Change theme...", only the page body properties change.

How can I change a form's theme?

and another question:

Does anybody know where I can download CCS themes?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Luis
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 03/13/2004, 1:14 PM

Project -> Change Theme works OK. I just tested it. It changes only the indvidual forms, as long as you use theme-specific CSS tags in your form, for example in <TD> elements.
The page body is changed as well if the Theme definition contains Page specific information.
dhempy

Posted: 06/23/2004, 2:52 PM

I'm trying to change a theme Style Type from Linked to Page, as I'm having trouble with style sheets living under /cgi-bin/. I have not found a way to change the Style Type. Project | Change Theme has a dropdown for Style Type for both the old and new themes, but the new theme style type dropdown is disabled.

The only way I've found to do it is to create the page anew, and be careful to pick the right style type the next time.

Am I missing something?

-dave

800-333-9764
Langston
Posted: 06/25/2004, 10:44 AM

WARNING!!!

(This just happened to me)

You can use the Project->Change Themes to change every class of themes to another and it changes all forms using that class.

For instance, if you change "Cobalt" to "Facet", all forms in that directory (will not search sub directories) will change to "Facet". But here are some pitfalls...

1. When you change between themes sometimes some definitions are left over if the new theme doesn't define it. So if you define small font in "Cobalt" but not in "Facet", small font definition is left from previous theme.

2. Like I mentioned above, change does not search on subdirectories.

3. Never change a theme to default (or "None") unless you never want to change it again. CCS removes tags in the case and you can never recover. I just lost all my work this way.
peterr

Posted: 06/25/2004, 12:01 PM

Langston,

Is there a problem with #1? How else would you handle this?

I will check into #2 and #3.

Thanks.
Langston
Posted: 06/26/2004, 9:20 AM

Peter,

In #1 I was just warning about a behaviour that I have run across. For instance:

I used a theme that had no background (let's call it "NoBKG")

I have another theme that uses no background (call it "BKG")

If you start with them "NoBKG" and change it to "BKG" then all forms now use a background as you would expect.

BUT... I find that if I now change from "BKG" to "NoBKG", all forms retain the background because the theme "NoBKG" has no definition for "background" and all references are left from the previous definition in "BKG".

I just wanted to share my findings with the community in case they run into the same situations.
I had a theme that defined the background to

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login