CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Help on DB Tables

Print topic Send  topic

William
Posted: 03/23/2004, 8:13 AM

My main table is SBMS.SYS_ANALYTE_SBMS
I have two other tables called SBMS.SBMS_NONCHARACTER & SBMS.SBMS_NORMALS – The ratio is 1 to many

My primary Key is in SBMS.SYS_ANALYTE_SBMS and is called called ANALYTE_NAME. I have two foreign keys called ANALYTE_NAME under my two other tables.

Now this is what I want to do. The user will have a dropdown box that is populated by the ANALYTE_NAME primary key that is in the main table. Now if they choose N18 from the dropdown box depending on the UNIT_MEASURE record that is located in the Main table for that ANALYTE_NAME. If the UNIT_MEASURE for that ANALYTE_NAME is NORMAL I want the page to show all record sets for that ANALYTE_NAME that are in the table SBMS.SBMS_NORMALS. If the UNIT_MEASURE for that ANALYTE_NAME is NOCHARACTER I want the page to show records sets for that ANALYTE_NAME that are SBMS.SBMS_NOCHARACTER.

I’m using the application builder and this is where I’m at.

I choose select an existing database connection.Click Next, and Next again. I’m now at Step 3 of 6. It shows me all the available tables. I choose SBMS.SYS_ANALYTE_SBMS – SBMS.SBMS_NORMALS – SBMS.SBMS_NONCHARACTER –

From here I click next. I’m now at step 4-6 in the application builder. I unclick RECORD & Updateable as I do not want either option for the user. I’m now left with the choice of GRID AND SEARCH for my 3 tables. Now, I only want one search page based of the SBMS.SYS_ANALYTE_SBMS table. So I unclick the search option for the two foreign tables. I’m now just left with the grid options. Which should I choose? The Grids I want to come up are under the SBMS.SBMS_NORMALS and SBMS.SBMS_NONCHARACTER tables depending on the ANALYTE_NAME & UNIT_MEASURE RECORD that is selected from the main table. So this is whre I ‘m lost folks.

Looking VERY MUCH for some help on this one. If I’m missing some required information for help I’ll supply it.
William
Posted: 03/23/2004, 11:19 AM

To make this shorter. I simply have a Primary Key that is a ANALYTE_NAME that is found in the main table SBMS.SYS_ANALYTE_SBMS

I have a listbox that is populated with Analytes from that record in that main tables. Now I also have 2 foriegn keyes calld ANALYTE_NAME in two other tables (SBMS.SBMS.NONCHARACTER and SBMS.SBMS.NORMALS) When a user chooses a ANALYTE_NAME from the listbox I want it to search the two other tables to find the proper analyte name and bring up the correct records from that table to display on the page.

Any help?
William
Posted: 03/23/2004, 12:26 PM

hello?
peterr

Posted: 03/25/2004, 9:01 PM

If I understand your question correctly you may need to create an SQL query for your grid's Data Source that includes all 3 fields (ANALYTE_NAME, SBMS.SBMS.NONCHARACTER and SBMS.SBMS) and retrieves only those records that match ANALYTE_NAME.
The Search form shouldn't need any modifications.

Keep in mind that this is a user forum and if you don't hear from anyone then you might try contacting our support.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login