CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> Programming

Listbox not holding values

Print topic Send  topic

craignewton

Posted: 03/25/2004, 6:13 AM

Hi, I have a record which consists of multiple list boxes pulling values from the database. I have a record which lists all the products, when I click on one of the products it take me to the edit form, now all the listboxes have reset to the defaults(all values at the top of the listbox), they should have retained their values, but didn't. Does anyone have a solution for this.

P.S. The documentation for CodeCharge really doesn't help, it doesn't display the important elements. Should have stuck to hardcoding..... lol :-D

Craig Newton
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 03/25/2004, 2:42 PM

Hi,
This should work automatically. The documentation probably doesn't address it because it should just work without any special setup, unless there is a problem somewhere...
I'm not sure what may be wrong in your case, but let's start with checking if:
1. Do you see the "Edit" or "Update" button (versus Insert/Add)?
2. Does your Record form submit the values correctly when you actually select some values in the listboxes?.
3. What are the properties of one of the Listboxes that doesn't work? Especially please make sure that the "Bound Column" property is not empty and that the "Data Type" property is set to Integer (usually).
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login