CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Build problem of tutorial in .NET C#

Print topic Send  topic

wolfs

Posted: 03/29/2004, 8:38 PM

Hi,

Just downloaded and ran through the Hello World tutorial. Works fine with ASP 3.0, but I get this build error when switching to ASP.NET C# (see below) and although it compiles fine with ASP.NET VB I get an error when loading the page in the browser (see after C# problem).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Generating "HelloWorld"
Generating Common Files
Running:
C:\DOCUME~1\Wolfgang\LOCALS~1\Temp\~HelloWorld\MakeAll.bat C: C:\DOCUME~1\Wolfgang\LOCALS~1\Temp\~HelloWorld\
=======================================

C:\WINDOWS\system32>REM _MakeAll @1-FB9FA365

C:\DOCUME~1\Wolfgang\LOCALS~1\Temp\~HelloWorld>c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\csc /w:2 /t:library /out:bin\HelloWorld.dll /r:System.Data.OracleClient.dll /r:System.dll;System.Web.dll;System.Xml.dll;System.Data.dll /recurse:*.cs
Microsoft (R) Visual C# .NET Compiler version 7.10.3052.4
for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 1.1.4322
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2001-2002. All rights reserved.

Error:c:\Documents and Settings\Wolfgang\Local Settings\Temp\~HelloWorld\Global.asax.cs(27,103): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Configuration' does not exist in the class or namespace 'HelloWorld.HelloWorld' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

C:\DOCUME~1\Wolfgang\LOCALS~1\Temp\~HelloWorld>REM _End MakeAll
Output

Error:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>REM _MakeAll @1-FB9FA365

C:\DOCUME~1\Wolfgang\LOCALS~1\Temp\~HelloWorld>c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\csc /w:2 /t:library /out:bin\HelloWorld.dll /r:System.Data.OracleClient.dll /r:System.dll;System.Web.dll;System.Xml.dll;System.Data.dll /recurse:*.cs

Microsoft (R) Visual C# .NET Compiler version 7.10.3052.4

for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 1.1.4322

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2001-2002. All rights reserved.

c:\Documents and Settings\Wolfgang\Local Settings\Temp\~HelloWorld\Global.asax.cs(27,103): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Configuration' does not exist in the class or namespace 'HelloWorld.HelloWorld' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

C:\DOCUME~1\Wolfgang\LOCALS~1\Temp\~HelloWorld>REM _End MakeAll

=======================================
Build finished
Publishing to "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\HelloWorld"

AS.NET VB problem:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'HelloWorld.HelloWorld.HelloWorldPage'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <!--ASPX page @1-63006348-->
Line 2: <%@ Page language="vb" Codebehind="HelloWorld.aspx.vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="HelloWorld.HelloWorld.HelloWorldPage" validateRequest=false%>
Line 3: <%@ Import namespace="HelloWorld.HelloWorld" %>
Line 4: <%@ Import namespace="HelloWorld.Configuration" %>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.aspx Line: 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 03/29/2004, 8:56 PM

I'm not sure if there are multiple problems here, but one of them looks like the most common .NET issue. You will need to create a Virtual Directory on the Web server (IIS). Please refer to http://support.codecharge.com/kb_article.asp?article_id=29
Tracy
Posted: 05/03/2004, 2:27 PM

I got error: "CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed" when VB ASP.net call report connecting to MS SQL database. Seems like password not saved and it works fine with Access database.

How to solve the problem.
Here is the image of the error:

Server Error in '/WebApplication2' Application.

Logon failed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[LogOnException: Logon failed.]
.I(String , EngineExceptionErrorID )
.D(Int16 , Int32 )
.C(Int16 )
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.GetPage(PageRequestContext reqContext)
CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.LocalReportSourceBase.GetPage(PageRequestContext pageReqContext)
CrystalDecisions.Web.ReportAgent.u(Boolean a)
CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
peterr

Posted: 05/03/2004, 2:41 PM

How are you connecting to that Crystal database? Could you please provide your connection string/settings?
Also see:
http://www.google.com/search?q=CrystalDecisions.Crystal....LogOnException
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=CrystalDecisions.Crys....LogOnException
jon
Posted: 05/20/2004, 12:08 AM

I am having exactly the same problem! Although I'm only getting the problem on my Dev server, pointing the report to the production server seems to be ok. Have you been able to solve the problem yourself?

Regards,
Jon

Quote Tracy:

I got error: "CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed" when VB ASP.net call report connecting to MS SQL database. Seems like password not saved and it works fine with Access database.

Logon failed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

.D(Int16 , Int32 )
.C(Int16 )
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.GetPage(PageRequestContext reqContext)
CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.LocalReportSourceBase.GetPage(PageRequestContext pageReqContext)

Andrew
Posted: 05/21/2004, 4:23 AM

Quote Tracy:

Logon failed.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

.D(Int16 , Int32 )
.C(Int16 )

To get rid of this Error. Please delete the .cs file and run the project...U will get the result..
R
Posted: 06/12/2004, 2:46 PM

I just ran into the same problem and I was able to fix it.

There are two ways to resolve this issue.

1. The right way.
See the following link from MS:
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 319264
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319264

2. The quick and dirty way.
After reading the article, I decided to change my SQL Server password to spaces. This worked!!!! However, this of course is not recommened.

Let me if this works for you.

Later,

R
mikeDem

Posted: 07/18/2004, 8:04 AM

I am having exactly the same problem and the suggestion offered can not be the solution to this problem.

The error happens when the code is compiled; it does not have anything to do with the Virtual directory.
The virtual directory is created by CCS anyway (just as it is created for the ASP version of "hello world").
So, what is the solution to the error message:
----
Error:g:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\~hw_aspx\Global.asax.cs(27,103): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Configuration' does not exist in the class or namespace 'hw_aspx.hw_aspx' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
---

Please help.
Thank you.
Mike.

Quote peterr:
I'm not sure if there are multiple problems here, but one of them looks like the most common .NET issue. You will need to create a Virtual Directory on the Web server (IIS). Please refer to http://support.codecharge.com/kb_article.asp?article_id=29
peterr

Posted: 07/18/2004, 1:10 PM

1. Please note that the virtual directory is NOT created by CCS. This is the main reason why we offer the deployment tips at http://support.codecharge.com/kb_article.asp?article_id=29.
CCS only creates the regular folder/directory on disk.

2. I'm not sure if other users can help you with your problem on user forums, therefore I recommend contacting our support and describing your publishing properties. If you could attach your project files it would help us analyze your problem in more detail.
Nolberto
Posted: 08/04/2004, 1:36 PM

i'm review the problem, because my reports fail when I use framework 1.1, when I use Framework 1.0, the reports function well, i see that the problem is present when my web.config use other user diferent "SA" in FW 1.1, with FM 1.0 the problem not is presented.
Frank_00001
Posted: 08/26/2004, 6:08 AM

I'm having the same issue as the original post...
Server Error in '/' Application.

I've been trying to get to the support page, knowledge base, and now the article referenced in the replies by Peter R. However, I keep getting an "HTTP 500 - Internal server error" on all of them, and this has been occurring for a couple of days now. How can I get a copy of this article, especially since the Demo time is limited?
peterr

Posted: 08/30/2004, 11:25 PM

"HTTP 500 - Internal server error" is a generic message that means "something bad happened". To get the exact details about the error please see: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=%22HTTP+5...server+error%22

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login