CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

I'm evaluating this product and have questions

Print topic Send  topic

Benjamin
Posted: 03/30/2004, 9:00 AM

Hello.
I found this product doing an Internet search. It looks like a great product. I have downloaded it and am trying to learn the features it offers as fast as possible.

I noticed that it has the Application Builder wizard. Can I make that wizard work with a database I have created myself or can it only work with the sample databases?

I am trying to make a very simple application. The users would access a page in which they could either look for properties for rent or login and upload information on properties that they would like to rent out to the public. Those searching for properties would be able to search based on any combination of fields, such as price, location, features, etc. A property listing would have to automatically delete itself after 30 days and a user account would automatically expire after six months of inactivity.

Will I have to write custom code, will I be able to do it all in the GUI environment, or will one of the wizards be able to do most of this functionality if not all?

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks
Benjamin

Robert Rodgers
Posted: 03/30/2004, 9:18 AM

Benjamin,

>> Can I make that wizard work with a database I have created myself or can it only work with the sample databases?
When I evealuated it I remember being able to use my own db to test.

>>Will I have to write custom code, will I be able to do it all in the GUI environment, or will one of the wizards be able to
do >>most of this functionality if not all?

The wizards will do most. Some things it won't do is automaticly "delete" the property listing after 30 days. But if you
date stamp the entries you can filter out the one that are more than 30 days old. You would have to run a "job" on a
schedule (if using mssql) or have an admin page that would issue the sql to delete the old ones manually.

"Benjamin" <Benjamin@forum.codecharge> wrote in messagenews:24069a799adde8@news.codecharge.com...
> Hello.
> I found this product doing an Internet search. It looks like a great product. I have downloaded it and am trying to learn
the features it offers as fast as possible.
>
> I noticed that it has the Application Builder wizard. Can I make that wizard work with a database I have created myself or
can it only work with the sample databases?
>
> I am trying to make a very simple application. The users would access a page in which they could either look for
properties for rent or login and upload information on properties that they would like to rent out to the public. Those
searching for properties would be able to search based on any combination of fields, such as price, location, features, etc.
A property listing would have to automatically delete itself after 30 days and a user account would automatically expire
after six months of inactivity.
>
> Will I have to write custom code, will I be able to do it all in the GUI environment, or will one of the wizards be able to
do most of this functionality if not all?
>
> Your input is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Benjamin
>
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Sent from YesSoftware forum
> http://forums.codecharge.com/
>

peterr

Posted: 03/30/2004, 1:39 PM

Of course our product wasn't created only to produce demo applications :-)
You can use any database you like. Designing a good database is the key. The amount of custom code will solely depend on the complexity of the application.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login