CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Error executing database query

Print topic Send  topic

Doug
Posted: 03/30/2004, 10:41 AM

I have completed a small website in CCS 2.2.3.60. It was created using CFMl 4.01 with Templates. Data is an Access 2000 MDB with several tables.

Everything was working fine until I thought I needed to change the Datasource name in ODBC before uploading to the website. So I did this in both ODBC and CCS. I re-gen'd the code. Then I found out I didnt need to re-name them so I changed the DS name back. Then Re-gend the code again in CCS. But now, I get the "Error executing database query" on any page that has data access. In fact, even if I create an entirely new website and new MDB I STILL get the error. Very weird. I even moved the .CCS file to another computer and tried it again, same error. any suggestions ?

Thanks
DOug
donsafar

Posted: 03/30/2004, 10:58 AM

check the component properties (for grid, form) and see what the connection name is. You'll probably find that it is different from your connection name. Just click on the dropdown and change it.
Posted: 03/30/2004, 11:48 AM

:-/

Thank you Don for your reply. That was one of the first things I checked. And checked, and checked. I changed them to the correct name and re-gen'd, exact same error. Same place, every time.
donsafar

Posted: 03/30/2004, 1:14 PM

Checklist - verify that the connection name in data properties is the same as the name under Connections in project explorer and the server side connection info is correct in the project settings under connections, modify, server. If these are correct, then I would try the following: go to code view on a page, delete all the code, switch to html or design view, then back to code view and let codecharge re-generate the code, publish and see if this corrects the error. If this fails, delete the connection in project explorer and re-create it. If these don't work, email me your project and I'll take a look at it.
Posted: 03/30/2004, 3:21 PM

Did you check the code for the connection object and whether the change
actually got published to the server (I assume there is a "common" file in
CF like in asp, php, etc.) ?

Also (in the IDE) check for sections of code not having the "gray"
background (meaning you edited it or CCS thinks you edited it) and thus CCS
leaving it alone when it publishes that file.

Any event handlers you might have written? These won't get the connection
object name-change until you edit them yourself.

--
DonB

http://www.gotodon.com/ccbth

"Doug" <Doug@forum.codecharge> wrote in message
news:24069cf202ef15@news.codecharge.com...
> :-/
>
> Thank you Don for your reply. That was one of the first things I checked.
And checked, and checked. I changed them to the correct name and re-gen'd,
exact same error. Same place, every time.
> ---------------------------------------
> Sent from YesSoftware forum
> http://forums.codecharge.com/
>

Doug
Posted: 04/01/2004, 3:22 PM

:-|
I hate to even admit this, but the problem was I had neglected to go into ColdFusion Server Administration and change the datasource name. (When I changed the DS name back to what I THOUGHT was the original one in CCS, I typoed one character). OOPS. Sorry to have wasted anyone's time. I will be more careful in the future before posting my questions! I dont want to wear out my welcome..;-)
peterr

Posted: 04/01/2004, 4:08 PM

Thanks for posting this information though ;-) The typos happen frequently and someone may find this helpful.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login