CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Authentication - Active Directory

Print topic Send  topic

CameronF

Posted: 03/30/2004, 4:50 PM

OK I want to add a custom routine to every page in my application that checks the users role. I would create a table in SQL that mapped pages to particular roles or Active Directory groups. Where would I add my code so I could call it on each page? Also would like to know how to prompt the user to provide their credentials just in case they are at a remote site and not logged on as themselves. Is there any good documentation on this anywhere??? Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Thanks!
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 03/31/2004, 12:58 AM

There are couple ways to about it: One, insert a new class with static method into one of the generated common files (for example in DataUtility file), then call this method from page's After Initialize event.
Another method would be to put your code into the Global.asax Application_BeginRequest event handler. In this case the authorization code will work for each request and you won't need call it from any page.

Regarding Active Directoru and checking credentials, I'm sure you can find some info on Google.
E43509

Posted: 03/31/2004, 5:44 AM

I want to do something just like this. Please share how to authenicate against AD. I haven't done this and I'm still too new to asp.net
peterr

Posted: 03/31/2004, 1:41 PM

I'm not sure if the last question was directed to myself, but I also don't know how to do this. It's really best to use Google since this is a general topic not related to CCS. Why wait for an answer when you can get it instantly with Google? :-)
parkstec
Posted: 05/05/2004, 11:51 AM

With the present virus attacks against IIS and Windows Security I would have to wonder why anyone would want to open themselves up to disappointment in this way. I develop on Linux and Windows platforms using Apache and IIS. Getting past Windows security is like taking candy from a baby.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login