CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

List of headlines that link to an article

Print topic Send  topic

JoeB
Posted: 03/31/2004, 7:16 PM

I know this isn't a "how to" vehicle -- but I've exhausted the materials and my very limited knowledge. I'm a designer trying to build some very simple apps. I successfully completed the tutorials and tried to figure this out by dissecting the samples -- namely the portal. Gone through all the docs too.

I created an Access database with fields for id, headlines, body text and a legal disclaimer.

I've got a page to add, edit, and delete articles, and a page to display a single article -- all functioning.

I just need to create a separate page that has a list of all the headlines, each of which link to the corresponding single article.

Given how simple and intuitive it was to build this up to this point, I feel I must be overlooking something obvious.

If this is a no brainer, I apologize. Great product -- tired of using poorly documented scripts and other off the shelf junk. I just need to keep it a secret so other designers think I actually know something.
peterr

Posted: 03/31/2004, 10:34 PM

You can use Grid Builder to create your grid, then right click on one of the labels in the grid and select Change To -> Link. Then configure your link to link to point to the other page.
View profile  Send private message
JoeB
Posted: 04/01/2004, 4:53 AM

Thanks, I did that. But it returns the whole page or in this case just the first story -- I have it set to display just one record. So I'm looking to link to data in the database.

Thanks
peterr

Posted: 04/01/2004, 12:10 PM

I'm not sure what you are referring to? Does the Grid returns "whole page" or the first story? Or the Record returns the first story? How did you "set it to display just one record."
And what is the URL when you click on the link to go to the Record page?
I just need to have more complete information to be able to analyze your problem.
You can also look at Link and Record configuration in any of our examples.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login