CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Search Page - Results Page Trouble

Print topic Send  topic

John
Posted: 04/02/2004, 9:14 AM

I am using MSAccess and Frontpage 2003. I created a search page with CCS and called it searchrentals. I then created a results page called availablelistings. I programmed the "Search button " under properties - return page to go to availablelistings. Two problems:
1. I decided to publish directly to my local directory under codecharge. Then I can publish to the server the same way I always publish my website. When I first did this, CCS generated an html page and asp page for searchrentals. After I created availablelistings, I tried to publish and it did not work. Why?
2. Once I fix problem 1, did I use the correct procedure to allow availablelistings to open?
peterr

Posted: 04/02/2004, 1:15 PM

John,
1. Please help us and tell us what means "it didn't work"! :-)
BTW, what is you local directory under codecharge? I hope that it is your local Web server's directory?
2. Difficult to tell until you run and test the page and see if it works as expected. Each Website works differently and probably only you know what exactly you tried to achieve.
View profile  Send private message
John
Posted: 04/02/2004, 1:26 PM

Peter, please disregard and look at my latest post under title "unable to establish database connection". I fixed the first problem --- I had the wrong directory specified. Now I did the following:
1. Published to the local directory. CCS created an ASP and HTML page for both the search and results page.
2. I published my project to the server using frontpage and put a hyperlink to the search page. Works perfectly.
3. I entered some search criteria and clicked Search. The search button is set to open another page which is the results page.
At that point, I got the "unable to establish database connection". The exact error is listed in my other post.

Help.8-)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login