CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Integration of CCS with Dreamweaver.

Print topic Send  topic

Benjamin
Posted: 04/05/2004, 4:02 PM

Is it possible to take a web page (with a form on it) that is created by CCS and manipulate it in Dreamwearver? Will the changes be accepted alright? Can I import a page from Dreamweaver that CCS uses to create the web page/template??

Can anyone that uses Dreamweaver extensively in their web designing tell me how they work effectively with CCS?

Thanks.
peterr

Posted: 04/05/2004, 6:05 PM

Yes, in CCS you can actually right-click on a page and select "Open Externally". This will allow you to open the CCS page directly in Dreamweaver.
And if the same page is already opened in CCS then after you save it in Dreamweaver CCS will detect the external changes and will ask you if you want to reload it.
We use standard HTML and any Web editor can edit this HTML. You just need to protect/preserve the tags in curly brackets {} and the comments inserted by CCS. I recommend backing up your project and experimenting a little.
You or your customers can also use Dremweaver to edit the pages published to the server with the generated code. Therefore you may for example provide a customer with the generated code and HTML files, and they will not need CCS or your CCS project to make the layout changes.

You cannot import an HTML page from Dreamweaver into CCS, but you can copy and the HTML from Dreamweaver and paste it into CCS pages. You can also create a blank CCS page and then overwrite the blank HTML template by copying your Dreamweaver HTML page.

Possibly someone will share their experiences, however in case no one else responds let me just say that we have many users who use Dreamweaver.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login