CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Header html and javascript

Print topic Send  topic

gummio

Posted: 04/13/2004, 9:19 AM

Hi,

How can i put a javacript in the <head> section in html? I donīt see have i can to that. but the proplem is that i have to put a javascript in that section

Regards
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 04/13/2004, 1:54 PM

You can swith to the "HTML" mode and put your JavaScript where you want it. You can also open the HTML file/page in Notepad or any Web editor and work with your HTML+JavaScript there. There is basically nothing preventing you from placing the JavaScript in the HTML. If you encounter problems please describe them.
dataobjx

Posted: 04/14/2004, 4:48 AM

I think I understand what gummio is saying... and it goes without saying that one can plug JavaScript into each page.

But I think what he's really after is a CCS object - much like the {header} but that the CCS IDE places between the <head>{javascript1}</head> sections.

The CCS IDE places the {header} tags after the </head> section, this 'form object' would place itself between the <head></head> tags.

In that way, one could create various self encapsulated "JavaScript Includes" - making it possible to keep all or the majority of the JavaScript encapsulated in one place rather than on every form as you suggest.
peterr

Posted: 04/14/2004, 12:00 PM

dataobjx,
Thanks, you may be right. I don't know if this can currently be done but depending on the case some JavaScriopt programmers might be able to figure out how to place JavaScript elsewhere (for example via includable pages) and make it work in the same way as JavaScript placed within the <header>, or even access objects/tags placed in the header section.
It is also an option to submit this as a wish/suggestion/request to our Wishes forum or the support.
RonB

Posted: 04/17/2004, 6:55 AM

I think this can already be done. I use the $Tpl + setvar() structure to do that. As long as you put {some_name} anywhere on the page $Tpl and setvar() will put the code there. I've used newstickers that require you to insert the news in a script that is in the <head></head> section. No problems what so ever.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login