CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Upload using Dundas

Print topic Send  topic

Nico
Posted: 04/14/2004, 3:07 AM

Hi,

Got 2 sites: Admin and Gallery
Admin can upload pictures, and gallery can only view.
When uploading got an error "VBScript Runtime Error, Permission Denied".
If using Windows Authentication, can upload but cannot view pictures from gallery which is using Anonymous Access (It asks for Windows Authentication for the newly uploaded pictures).

I don't want to use Windows Authentication, how can I upload the pictures by allowing Anonymous Access?

Note that the destination directory for the pictures is not in the same physical directory as Admin site. But, I created a virtual directory under Admin site.

rgds, Nico
peterr

Posted: 04/14/2004, 11:05 AM

Quote :
I don't want to use Windows Authentication, how can I upload the pictures by allowing Anonymous Access?
You don't need to use Windows Authentication. Simply remove it and use only the features of your Web application.
View profile  Send private message
Nico
Posted: 04/14/2004, 7:47 PM

Peter,

If I use Anonymous, the file upload failed, even though I've given IUSR_machinename read and write permission for the folder.
What is the right way to assign the permission?

rgds, Nico
peterr

Posted: 04/14/2004, 8:51 PM

Is this is the full error message "VBScript Runtime Error, Permission Denied" when uploading files? Is there maybe the program name and the line number shown somewhere?

Generally IUSR should be sufficient unless Dundas requires otherwise. The Dundas vendor may actually be a good contact to solve problems with that component. On another hand you could try the VBScript-based upload method and see if it also fails. If it does and reports permission problems as well then probably there cannot be any other cause than bad permissions.

Please also specify the values in both "Temporary Folder" and "File Folder" properties of your FileUpload component and if both of those folders are accessible by IUSR for Read/Write.
View profile  Send private message
Nico
Posted: 04/23/2004, 6:25 AM

Thx Peter,

It works now. All I have to do is set up write permission for IUSR in the temporary folder.

rgds, Nico

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login