CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Custom Page Properties

Print topic Send  topic

NicoPepe

Posted: 04/15/2004, 6:41 PM

SOS... , I need to print a Bill in a Fanfold Paper Printer and the bill is Half a Page Long. I need the printer to stop once the half page was printed and wait there until the next bill comes. My Problem is that the printer, after printing the half page bill, skips to the next page, leaving one bill unused per page.
Is there a way to custom change the page size only on the bill printing page in order for the printer to stop? or is there a command I can send to the printer to make it stop from an ASP page? or Is there another way I'm unaware of?

Please Help.....

------------------------------
How do you print the bills? Are they displayed on the same web page or one bill per page? Try setting printer properties to fold paper instead of sheets.

Best regards,
Chris
---------------------------------------------

Hi Cris, The Bills are printed in one ASP page using labels with values, one bill per page because they are for different customers. It's like a ticket or a register machine. You give a bill to a customer for an item or service as a proof of purchase (a sale). The problem is that my software should print on a preprinted fanfold (filling the blanks of the bill) and should stop at the end of each bill, until the next sale is printed, and that end should be at half of the page.

Any ideas? , I heard about softwares that can change the page lenght and the reset it but I don't know much else...
Something else but I haven't tried are Cascade Style Sheet with I heard can change paper orientation and paper size. Maybe there could be an answer.

I'll wait for any other idea.

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------

I think this is your browser's issue. Each page that is printed by a browser is followed by a FormFeed command sent to the printer, which makes the printer eject the page. You can see if the printer's driver can be set to not sending the FormFeed command.

If this fails, I think you need to use custom code to print the bill by connecting the printer to the server and sending the contents to be printed directly to the printer, so that you can control the output with your code.

Sebastian

-----------------------------------------------

Any other Ideas ??
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 04/15/2004, 7:07 PM

Are you printing from a client (browser) or from the server?
Nicolas Pepe
Posted: 04/16/2004, 7:50 AM

From the Client Browser.
The system is working on an Intranet with no more than 5 clients but the printing is done in only one computer so the problem can be restrained to printing on one PC.
Do you understand what I'm trying to do? because maybe I'm not clear enough. If so please tell me and I'll elaborate.

Thanks.
peterr

Posted: 04/16/2004, 10:08 AM

I asked because if you print from the server (ASP program) then you have more control of the printer.
If you print from the client/PC then it means that the users clicks "Print" button to print the HTML page (or you use JavaScript for this) and then you have no control over the printer.
Therefore without trying to go deeper into the problem I'd say that I don't believe that you can control the printer from HTML at all (for example stop it in mid-page), or I don't know the answer.
Though some advanced options may be available:
1. Create ActiveX for the client.

2. Purchase an ActiveX component that already provides support for advanced printing, like ScriptX: http://www.meadroid.com/scriptx/about.asp
(BTW, note that such components would not be needed if you could control the printer without it)

3. Go with Sebastian's suggestion and print from the server (ASP program), which actually was the reason I asked my question as well.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login