CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Data Source Property

Print topic Send  topic

hbycer

Posted: 04/16/2004, 1:51 PM

Folks

For some reason, I am unable to access the query builder to modify the sql for an already existing data grid.

I open a page in Design mode and select the data grid I wish to modify. In the Propertys window I click the Data Source and the familiar 3 dots, which opens up the query builder, do not show. I have tried doing this with several pages with no luck. I also tried loading the CCS Example Pack and had the same problem....no query builder access from an existing data grid. I checked out pages I built last week and the same problem exists...there must be a setting within CCS which fixes this problem. I am able to use the "Build Query" option when using the Grid Builder however.

When I right click on the Data Source line of the Grid Property window, I get the standard Windows "Cut", "Copy" & "Delete" menu.

Thanks,

Howard
View profile  Send private message
Langston
Posted: 04/17/2004, 11:54 AM

Are you sure you are pointing to an existing and properly configured local database during design? Check your Project Settings tab. Check connections. There is a test button on that screen.

Note:
You know, just recently I realized that my target database on my site can be MySQL but during design time I can use Access on my local computer as long as the data structure matches.
hbycer

Posted: 04/19/2004, 5:11 AM

I am using an Oracle connection for my data grid. The sql I wish to change is just fine since I am able to successfully publish and view the web page which contains the data grid I wish to change.

The problem I am having is...I wish to change the sql/Data Source using the Visual Query Builder but I am unable to access the query builder to modify the sql for the existing data grid. When I open a page in Design mode and select the data grid I wish to modify, I click the Data Source and the familiar 3 dots, which opens up the query builder, do not show.

Thanks,

Howard
hbycer

Posted: 04/19/2004, 10:00 AM

I found the problem!!! All of the boxes (Property, Navigation, Toolbox, Design) must be "edge-to-edge" on the desktop. For whatever reason, I had the Property window "floating" on the desktop. As soon as I "edged" the windows, my Data Source problem went away. My guess, there would have been some other issuues. So..when in doubt, "edge" your windows

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login