CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Problem logging into web application

Print topic Send  topic

Benjamin
Posted: 04/16/2004, 3:35 PM

Hello. I am still trying to make a test application work. I have an Access database as the source data. I created a database on MySQL on my network server with the same table structure. I created two users in the database. One is called root and the other is called Admin. When I publish the sample app I am working on in CCS to the IIS server (same box as the MySQL server) and try to access the login.html page and login I get the following error after entering in the user and password and clicking OK.

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user: 'root@win2k1' (Using password: YES) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bobby8\db_mysql.php on line 97
Database error: pconnect(192.168.255.1, root, $DBPassword) failed.
MySQL Error: 0 ()
Session halted.

Can someone help me???
RonB

Posted: 04/17/2004, 6:33 AM

The error is pretty straigh forward.
1. Your user could not be setup for the win2k1 host. Maybe you created the root user to be accessed from localhost only. Use the % to make sure the user can accees mysql from anyhost.
2. the password might not be correct :-)
3. You did not set a password for root. Standard mysql has no password for root so you can set up things. It's always wise to change this situation as soon as you got mysql up and running.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login