CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Changes in related files - which ones to upload?

Print topic Send  topic

GeorgeS

Posted: 04/21/2004, 12:30 PM

HI,
simple question:

When I re-generate a restricted page I see that CCS also re-generates Login, Header and Common files.
How Login page changes if I just add sorting or code for hiding forms on the restricted page?

Which ones do I need to upload to my web server along with the page I worked on?

Thank you

Posted: 04/21/2004, 1:25 PM

This is not related to the page being restricted, but CCS always generates and publishes all pages that are dependent on the page being generated, including includable pages included in the page being generated.
This minimizes the number of support issues when CCS users may change something in Common files or the Header, etc. and then forget to publish them and the main page being generated no longer works. Or if users create a new project (for example using the Application Builder) then they would not be able to test one page until all the dependent files are published as well. We have no way of knowing if those other pages were already published.
I often use the shortuts like CTL+F8 and CTL+F10 to publish the page quickly, without the dependent pages. These shortcuts are listed in the Project menu in CCS.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login