CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Special Chars in TextBox

Print topic Send  topic

p3ptools

Posted: 04/26/2004, 12:54 PM

Hello,

I am attempting to set the value of a textfield to Hebrew characters represented in a database as
HTML hex codes

& # 1489 ; & # 1502; & # 1510; & # 1500; & # 1509;

These values print corectly to the screen ( as they are rendered)
how can I get these characters to display in their native real language format within a textbox?

At the moment the code being generated is

<input name="gf_heb" value="&#1489;&#1502;&#1510;&#1500;&#1509;" class="CobaltInput" size="10" style="direction: rtl; unicode-bidi: embed; display: block">

The usual PHP functions for character conversion do not seem to have any effect?

Stephen

Posted: 04/27/2004, 12:00 PM

Have you may be tried using the Charset meta-tag in HTML to set the Unicode or Hebrew encoding?
View profile  Send private message
p3ptools

Posted: 04/27/2004, 4:25 PM

Hello,
yes the page is configured for the hebrew character set.

The characters will display correctly if a SetValue call is run against
a label field, but print their literal HTML hex values when SetValue is run
against a textbox object.

Stephen

Posted: 04/30/2004, 11:36 AM

Sorry for late response as I might've not understand your question in full detail. Looks like there are two possible scenarios:

1. Regarding "how to display the Hebrew characters inside a TextBox".
Assuming that you want to submit Hebrew characters to the database and then display them in the Textbox, you would only need to create your project (even in English) and select any 8-bit ASCII compatible Hebrew encoding or UTF-8 in the Charset property of the project (look in project properties in the Project Explorer).
Therefore I believe that this should work if you utilize CCS both ways: for saving data and for retrieving records.

2. Or possibly you already have some database records containing Hebrew characters (in the format &#1234;) and want to display them within the labels and textboxes?
In such case our textboxes would escape the "&" character and because of this you may not see Hebrew characters but only their coded representation (&#1234;).
The workaround may be tricky but I think that you could try "swicthing" the CCS TextBox for your own TextBox: for example in the "Before Show" read the value of the TextBox, use it to display your own HTML TextBox, then then set Visible=False for CCS textbox to hide that one.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login