CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Some Question Regarding CSS

Print topic Send  topic

Imran
Posted: 04/28/2004, 6:29 PM

Hi
I have some question. if you clarify i will be very great full since i m planning to buy nonprepetul license for personal edition of CSS 2.2

Q-1) If we make some code in non trial version is it possible to import that code in licensed version

Q-2)In licensed version it is possible to remove this site is developed by Code Charge Studio. and also site developed by licensed version is mention inside that this is developed by CSS even if it is not mentioning online..?

Q-3) In personal Edition I can make 100 pages according to information but what it mean by 100 pages . is it 100 codecharge pages or pages on webserver since when i looked over there ccs is producing 3 pages for each ccs page and some other pages like common files and templates over there.

Q-4) In personal Edition i can access only one database connection. Does it mean the database connection, which i initially provide for my first site i have to use the same connection for my other site too or one connection for one project of CCS project.

Q-4) What is the disadvantage of not having to access of Stored procedure. is it possible to produce the same result with CCS without stored procedure functionality as it produce in CCS with Stored procedure.

Looking forwarded for kind replay to clear my concepts before buying this Very Good product.

Imran
ryan

Posted: 04/28/2004, 8:37 PM

I am not a YesSoftware support certified but based from experience from CCS I'll answer coming from experience.

Q-1 : Yes
Q-2 : Yes the "this site is developed by CCS" already disappears in the licensed version. You can actually manually delete this on the generated HTML files however it is tedious. You can even set the DATE as it is and still work using the non-licensed version because the time the CCS loader is executed on the moving date will consume the evaluation period.
Q-3 : I do not use the personal edition but the other one. But I think that you can create many infinite pages as well as the Personal Edition and the other one only differs in the number of database connection that can be used it does not say anything about the number of pages CCS can generate.
Q-4: One connection per one project. But if this.mdb is used on NewProject1.ccs, therefore NewProject2.ccs can also use this.mdb and so goes with NewProject3.ccs, 4...5... You can vary the mdb or whatever database. But only one connection per project. On the other CCS NewProject1.ccs can use Connection1 (this.mdb), Connection2 (that.mdb) and so forth.
Q-5: Stored Procedures are generally preferred in Access they are termed 'queries' for CCS it comes up with a grid-record that does the trick for saving, editing etc. I usually ignore this. But when I select tables having inner joins or unions or whatever including custom functions that are BEYOND the scope of CCS I use stored procedures heavily. The trick is if it can be done in the backend then burden the backend and provide less lines on your custom code.

So instead of writing

SQL = "INSERT INTO...."

I prefer

SQL = "sp_UInsert" & this1 & "," & this2.....
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 04/28/2004, 9:47 PM

Imran,

Generally Ryan's answers seem right though let me confirm:
1. Yes. This is actually the same version and upon purchase you disable the trial mode by entering the license code.

2. There is no message "generated by CCS" or any other mention of CCS in the purchased version (after the trial mode is disabled).

3. 100 CCS pages (it can be 300 files or more).

4. Each site can use a different database. The only limit is one connection per project.

5. Not every database supports Stored Procedures either. MySQL and MS Access don't support them, therefore if you use CSC with MySQL or MS Access then you don't loose anything. Queries and Views (like those in MS Access) are supported in the Personal Edition.
View profile  Send private message
Imran
Posted: 04/28/2004, 11:43 PM

:-) Hey Thank you very much ryan and peterr you make my douts clear very much.

Thanks a lot 8-)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login