CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Autoincremented Key

Print topic Send  topic

imranwsu
Posted: 04/29/2004, 10:23 AM

Hi
I am again here with my dumb question but i read there is no dumb question that’s why i asking this “there is one option in Record builder that check auto incremented key. what it does and if my table already have auto incremented kind of key like numeric and with identity yes not for replication and identity speed and identity increment 1 then what this auto increment do and if my column is text type so how it will auto increment the key could any one give some insight thought about it :-X

Looking forward for kind replay

Imran
ryan

Posted: 04/29/2004, 6:15 PM

Imran :

Whenever my database has autoincrementing field I check it also. I never noticed this but have you tried checking the Increment auto in CCS and removing the autoincrement on your database?

Discovery is cool you know?
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 04/29/2004, 10:23 PM

Imran,

This option is used only for users to tell CodeCharge Studio if your database utilizes auto-incremented keys. Actually this is rather database-specific therefore for example Oracle users would uncheck this option.
When this option is checked, CodeCharge Studio will not place the key field on the form because the key will be created automatically by the database. When this option is unchecked, CodeCharge Studio will place the key field on the form, so that users can enter the key, or the programmer can implement the increment (or other) logic via custom code.
View profile  Send private message
Imran
Posted: 04/29/2004, 11:15 PM

:-)8-)8-) peter this is your best explination which you gave me. A+ on your this explination. 8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)

Thank you very much

Imran

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login