CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

checkboxes with Postgresql

Print topic Send  topic

Mike
Posted: 04/30/2004, 8:34 AM

When using a search form with checkboxes Postgresql returns :Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: operator does not exist: boolean ~~ "unknown"
This seems to be because psql does not allow the 'like' operator with boolean columns. Is there a way around this?
peterr

Posted: 04/30/2004, 11:51 AM

Looks like you should not use the LIKE command with booleans. If you didn't use LIKE yourself and CCS created it then please open the Data Source property/dialog of your grid and remove it from there or change "LIKE" to "=".
The search form doesn't execute any queries and actually doesn't do anything except sending the parameters to the grid (or any other form), which then executes the query.
View profile  Send private message
mike
Posted: 04/30/2004, 12:30 PM

Quote peterr:
Looks like you should not use the LIKE command with booleans. If you didn't use LIKE yourself and CCS created it then please open the Data Source property/dialog of your grid and remove it from there or change "LIKE" to "=".

The "like" is inserted by CCS
there is nothing to remove or change in the grid Data Source property/dialog
mike
Posted: 04/30/2004, 12:40 PM

Details:
I have a search form with checkboxes
I select a checkbox as part of the search criteria
I click on search
I get an error - Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: operator does not exist: boolean ~~ "unknown"
The sql query uses "like"
I have no idea how it got there and there is no way to remove what I can't see.
Thanks
peterr

Posted: 04/30/2004, 12:58 PM

The "LIKE" cannot be inserted by CCS behind the scenes. It would be inserted into one of the properties of components so that users can change it. Therefore I think that it must be in the Data Source property/dialog of your grid, or possibly the problem is not related to "LIKE".
In this case how do you know that the sql query uses "LIKE"? How are you able to confirm it?

You can also create a copy of your page, remove the Grid and everything else on the page except the Search. Then run your modified page, enter some search criteria and see if the search itself causes this error. If not, then use the same procedure to check which other form on the page is generating the error, then check all its properties.
View profile  Send private message
mike
Posted: 04/30/2004, 2:07 PM

Aha!The problem was,as you pointed out,in the Data Source property/dialog of my grid.
Thanks for your help.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login