CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

need help?

Print topic Send  topic

Imran
Posted: 04/30/2004, 5:53 PM

Hi

I need to know 2 things

Q1) According to my knowledge attribute “action=newpage.asp” means submit this form to newpage.asp but what does it mean here for action attribute.

<form name="bugs" action="{Action}" method="post">

Q-2) we used "value = 2" in radio button or check box but what does it mean here in this text type box since i want to subit value from user input and usually i just need its name to get the value stored on that input .

<input maxlength="10" size="10" value="{project_id}" name="project_id">

Thanks in advance
Imran
peterr

Posted: 05/01/2004, 1:04 AM

{Action} is a dynamic element and is replaced with another value at run-time, depending on what the form needs to do. Usually it is the current page name + GET and POST parameters, unless you decide to remove them in "Remove Parameters" and "Preserve Parameters" properties of the form.

The ListBox & Radio will be created at run-time and it will contain many values, therefore "value=..." will be repeated many times with several different values. If the value was simply equal "2" then the radio would display only one radio button or Listbox would display only one selection. You can run a page (click "Live" page) and then view the HTML source to see what all the values are. They should be actually equal to the key values specified in the "Bound Column" property of the Listbox or Radio in CCS.
The checkbox will utilize only one value but since it is dynamic checkbox it should retrieve the value from a database field, which you specify in the "Control Source" property.
You can also create a static checkbox (it is on "HTML" tab in CCS Toolbox) and then you can manually type the values in HTML as you are familiar with.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login