CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Losing Label with OnValidate Event (part_2)

Print topic Send  topic

Tomi

Posted: 05/06/2004, 5:39 AM

I have faced the same problem. But a forum of the answer to this topik and has not followed. I have solved the given problem, but this decision borrows strongly a lot of time for each field label.

"I am not using it for validation. The label field, like all label fields is display only. For example, the label field can be a timestamp that the record was inserted on.

In the On-Validate exit, posting an error with the AddError method causes the form to return the error message that is used in the AddError Method.

Any field that is a label is not shown on the page.

If you would have read what I wrote, you would have seen the the form was a two field form. A Label and a Text Box. You would have further seen that the only thing that the on validate exit is doing is adding adding/posting an error. No logic dependent on anything, simply using the adderror method.

This causes the label to be blanked out when you press submit and the error from the adderror method is returned.

Next time read what you are replying too.

This same form with no code in the On-Validate exit but with the text box marked as required will return the error message that the field is required and not blank out the label field.

My point is that CCS has a bug and that the AddError method in the On-Validate should not cause the label to be blanked out.

The CC people have confirmed this is a problem ad are looking into it."

Posted: 05/07/2004, 9:15 AM

I believe that this was a possible issue in the past but this functionality works OK in the current CCS version 2.2.3.60.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login