CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

"Grey out" disabled controls (via template?)

Print topic Send  topic

VBAjedi

Posted: 05/11/2004, 1:02 PM

Is there a simple way to edit the CSS File theme/template I'm using so that disabled fields (primarily textboxes) have a grey background by default?

I have some editable grids with textboxes that I don't want to make read-only (I'm inserting values with Java) so I have them disabled to prevent user input. But there's no visual indicator that they are disabled, which confuses my users.

Thanks!
Nicole

Posted: 05/12/2004, 2:48 AM

Hello,
Disabled textboxes has grey text by default in contrast to normal textboxes with black text. I think that you can create additional class in .css file, e.g.:

InputDisabled { border-bottom: solid 1px #000000; border-left: solid 1px #000000; border-right: solid 1px #000000; border-top: solid 1px #000000; background-color: #F7F7F7; font-size: 13px; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; }  
And change class attribute for disabled controls.

VBAjedi

Posted: 05/12/2004, 10:33 AM

Brain freeze yesterday - I meant that I had the textboxes set as "Read-only", not disabled. You are right about disabled boxes having grey text.

The class suggestion was just what I was looking for. I did have some trouble because I made the changes in the CCS stylesheet editor, then republished my project. Apparently the style folders don't automatically publish with the site files when you publish your project to the webserver. After I manually copied the files out there, everything worked great.

Thanks again!

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login