CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Functions.js corruption?

Print topic Send  topic

Doug
Posted: 05/16/2004, 3:52 PM

Ok so the saga continues...
The SearchForm with 12 listboxes that I created was working perfectly until last night. I was doing a "publish project" within CCS when I received this error:

Error occured while saving file C:\CFusionMX\wwwroot\project1\functions.js...; The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Options are to Retry, Skip, SkipAll, Cancel.

It was about this same time that the "On Change" event within my SearchForm stopped working. I have a "Submit Form" action attached to this event. My guess is these are related somehow. THere must be javascript that handles the On Change event - it would make sense in that it is a Client process.

Anyway, First I tried rebooting, no help. I have tried deleting the .js file in the published directory and let CCS create a new one...that didnt work. I have replaced the .js file with one from another CCS project I have...that didnt work. I have tried the published project (in it's production environment on the Internet) from a different computer and everythign works except the Submit Form action doesnt fire on the On CHange event. So it is global.

Any ideas?
thanks
Doug
peterr

Posted: 05/16/2004, 6:51 PM

You may need to contact CCS support and attach your project or the page.
View profile  Send private message
Doug
Posted: 05/16/2004, 8:22 PM

:-/ Uh oh. That doesn't sound good. But OK, I will call Support on Monday.

thanks
peterr

Posted: 05/17/2004, 12:00 AM

I'm not sure if this a serious issue but looks little strange and I don't know the answer. Couple tips should:
- First check that your folder C:\CFusionMX\wwwroot\project1\ has write permissions.
- The CCS project folder should be different from the publishing folder.

The support link is http://support.codecharge.com.
View profile  Send private message
Doug
Posted: 05/17/2004, 12:09 PM

Peter,

Thanks for your email. In that I am under a time constraint I recreated the SearchBuilder form exactly as it was before and it works OK now. But to answer your two tips above, write permissions are there and the CCS project is in a different folder then the published one. Something peculiar which may or may not be related is: After setting up the SearchBuilder I inadvertantly added connection, control source, data source etc. info to the search form's properties. After realizing this I went back and removed these entries. From then on though CCS insisted on writing CF code for "Non-Submitted Form" or something similiar (I am not at that computer right now to verify). This was new code that CCS added. Even after removing the DB info it insisted on adding this section of code under the 'Code' tab in the IDE. the problem was it kept erroring out because after I removed the Connection information it kept referrring to a blank datasource name within the generated code. So I deleted the entire section of code manually and then CCS complained about unresolved <CFIF> statements. Anyway, this happend both times. Almost as if CCS didnt understand how to handle me removing the connection information (Which isnt used at the form level but at the control level)

Anyway, im still going to call support to see if they have any ideas on the corrupted .js file just in case it happens again.

Thanks
Doug

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login