CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Drop down list with "Other" option

Print topic Send  topic

DW
Posted: 05/18/2004, 9:14 AM

I would like to set up a drop-down list for user input with a selected list of options, with the last one being "Other" and then allowing the user to type in an entry that isn't part of the drop-down options.

So a drop-down with "Red, Green, Blue and Other" would put "Red" if red is selected, "Green" if green is selected, "Blue" if blue is selected, but if they select "Other, the field gets blanked out and they can type in what they want.

Thanks,

Doug
DW
Posted: 05/18/2004, 9:15 AM

BTW, I don't know if it matters or not, but I'd be using VB under ASP.

Doug
peterr

Posted: 05/19/2004, 12:39 AM

I recommend that you find any other Website, application or example that does this. It doesn't need to be CCS specific, just any place on the Internet where you can see such functionality. Once you find it then you can probably see right there how its done, or someone may be able to explain how its done once they see it.
Personally I have seen such functionality in Windows applications but I don't see how it could be done cleanly in Web applications. You could probably switch a ListBox to a TextBox using JavaScript but I'm not sure how you would switch back from the TextBox to ListBox if the user changes his or her mind and wants to select something from the list again.
I'd like to see it to believe it :-)
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login