CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

.CCP files

Print topic Send  topic

bbarger
Posted: 05/18/2004, 11:17 AM

Hi all. I am trying to use CCS to generate an application for my department which uses ASP and IIS, but I am not sure what to do with the .ccp files, since they are obviously proprietary. When I transfer the files to be reviewed by or co-worked by another ASP programmer, I do not think they will know what to do with .ccp.

Is there a way to convert the .ccp files into something standard, like .html or .ASP?

Thanks very much.
bburnett

Posted: 05/18/2004, 3:13 PM

You need to publish your project. When you do so, CCS will create asp and html pages. Your fellow ASP programmer should not alter the ASP page that CCS creates (unless you both really know what you are doing and then it is the last resort; you typically put all your ASP code in CCS events). They can carefully modify the layout of the html pages as long as they don't mess up the CCS tags.
West Des Moines, IA, USA
www.relonline.com
View profile  Send private message
LV
Posted: 05/19/2004, 10:35 AM

Yeah! Be very careful with CCS code tags, back up back up and back up your project regularly. Remove a wrong code and your page will stop working.
bbarger

Posted: 05/19/2004, 12:28 PM

Quote bburnett:
You need to publish your project. When you do so, CCS will create asp and html pages. Your fellow ASP programmer should not alter the ASP page that CCS creates (unless you both really know what you are doing and then it is the last resort; you typically put all your ASP code in CCS events). They can carefully modify the layout of the html pages as long as they don't mess up the CCS tags.

I have been publishing my project right along, and what I find is that it generates an ASP file, an HTML file, and a CCP file. It is the CCP file that I don't know what to do with.

Val
Posted: 05/19/2004, 12:53 PM

It looks like that you are publishing to the same working directory where your CCS project file is.
Always publish to a different folder (especially if you are goiing to modify HTML files later with Dreamweaver or FP).
You'll see that CCS does not publish CCP files.
These are internal CCS files only.
They are not needed for your website to run on a web server.
peterr

Posted: 05/19/2004, 1:32 PM

CCS+CCP+HTML files are the "source" files, while ASP+HTML files are the "output" files. You need CCS+CCP+HTML to continue maintaining your project using CCS. Your customer or developer would only need ASP+HTML if they do not use CodeCharge Studio.
This is similar to a copy machine where you insert the original/source, but receice the copy/output. You probably would want to keep the original but can give copies to others. Well, maybe this isn't the best analogy but hopefully helpful.

Keep in mind that the HTML files have dual use: you need them to work with CCS, while they also need to accompany the ASP programs.

When creating Web applications with CCS projects you usually need two folders/directories. The CCS project folder, and another publishing folder. The CCS project folder contains all file types: CCS, CCP, HTML and ASP. The publishing folder contains only the files needed by the server: HTML + ASP. Those (HTML + ASP) are the files that you can give to others.
You should keep the CCS + CCP + HTML files (also ASP files if you created events) for yourself so that you can use CodeCharge Studio to continue working with that project. No one else should need those files and you can give them only ASP + HTML, which you can find in your publishing folder.
bbarger

Posted: 05/19/2004, 1:57 PM

Ahhh. Thank you Peterr! This makes sense, and I am very glad to know it.

bbarger

Quote peterr:
CCS+CCP+HTML files are the "source" files, while ASP+HTML files are the "output" files. You need CCS+CCP+HTML to continue maintaining your project using CCS. Your customer or developer would only need ASP+HTML if they do not use CodeCharge Studio.
This is similar to a copy machine where you insert the original/source, but receice the copy/output. You probably would want to keep the original but can give copies to others. Well, maybe this isn't the best analogy but hopefully helpful.

Keep in mind that the HTML files have dual use: you need them to work with CCS, while they also need to accompany the ASP programs.

When creating Web applications with CCS projects you usually need two folders/directories. The CCS project folder, and another publishing folder. The CCS project folder contains all file types: CCS, CCP, HTML and ASP. The publishing folder contains only the files needed by the server: HTML + ASP. Those (HTML + ASP) are the files that you can give to others.
You should keep the CCS + CCP + HTML files (also ASP files if you created events) for yourself so that you can use CodeCharge Studio to continue working with that project. No one else should need those files and you can give them only ASP + HTML, which you can find in your publishing folder.
LV
Posted: 05/19/2004, 7:54 PM

Question for Peterr,

Okay, if I want my graphic department to jazz up my final pages, which one should they be making change to? the html or the Aspx file? (I am using .NET) .

If they make changes to the page, what happen if I regenerate the page again in CCS will it overwrite the changed page by my graphic department?

Thanks in advance.
peterr

Posted: 05/20/2004, 12:41 AM

.NET is an example of technology that doesn't allow the use of custom templates at run-time (or doesn't make it easy), especially that ASPX files are type of templates. However not all HTML editors can understand the ASPX syntax and do work with those files.

I recommend that your designers modify the HTML files, then you can load them back into CCS and generate ASPX from them.
LV
Posted: 05/20/2004, 10:34 AM

Thanks for the info, I will try your method. All along I have been click on the codecharge page and open it using Frontpage 2003, certain things I added in FrontPage, when return to CCS, its gone after I publish the page.
rizwana iqbal
Posted: 06/20/2004, 1:14 AM

please tell me how can i convert my text in to .ccp files and check please give detail answer

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login