CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Problems importing CodeCharge files from another project into my project

Print topic Send  topic

PaoloValladolid

Posted: 05/23/2004, 9:13 PM

I am collaborating with another person on a website we are building with CodeCharge. I am having trouble incorporating his CodeCharge files (.ccs, .asp, .html) into my project. We have verified that his code runs fine on his own machine, using his own IIS web server. However, when I open his files in my CodeCharge project and have CodeCharge Studio publish his files to my project's IIS folder, I get Windows/VB compilation errors such as syntax errors and no database connection defined.

I have tried both 1. using LivePage to publish his files and 2. selecting "Generate Code" then selecting "Publish" then viewing the file from an external instance of Internet Explorer.

The only things we can think of are:

1. He used an evaluation version of CodeCharge to generate his files while I have been working with a fully registered version of CodeCharge Studio.

2. He works on a Windows XP machine and I work on a Windows 2000 machine. Are CodeCharge files cross-platform between different versions of Windows?

I would like to avoid rewriting his code if at all possible. Thanks in advance.
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 05/23/2004, 11:22 PM

Are you both using CodeCharge Studio, or importing a project from CodeCharge to CodeCharge Studio?
It would also help to know couple of the errors that you see.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login