CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

vb .Net or CodeCharge

Print topic Send  topic

JeromeE

Posted: 05/25/2004, 12:28 PM

HI All ! I need some help in deciding what to do. I have been in the programming business for 15 years but it has been all maiframe stuff. Now a friend of my wants to go into business and asked me to build a website for him. After much research I decided on VB .net as the Lang and SQL server as the data base. Then I ran across Codecharge studio and thought, Wow this could possibly make my life a whole lot easier. Well after using it for a while I've come to realize there will be a learning curve with this as well.
So heres the Question What is going to be the best option. Do my site in VB .net or do it with Code Charge. What are going to be my limitations, and differences since either way there are going to be some learning curves.
Any honest suggestions would be appreciated !
Thanks
Jerome

:-)
View profile  Send private message
LV
Posted: 05/25/2004, 6:07 PM

I am in the same boat a month ago, after palying around with CCS trial version for 20 days I am impressed with what it can do, it is much easier if you choose ASP instead of .NET because as you can see there are more people posting q&a in this site, I have to stay with .Net because my company standard. .NET is fast but you will rely the supports to get you over the syntax and how to do it in CCS. I can put together an application with ease and in record time vs using VS.NET. I used CCS to learn .NET. Ofcourse you will have to spend at least a week to learn CCS, the manual and tutorials are the best place to start.

I bought the Personal edition because I only need the .NET but if you can I recommended the full version where you can use other languages as well.

Good luck!

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login