CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

JSP isErrorPage Attribute

Print topic Send  topic

Mike
Posted: 06/02/2004, 5:15 AM

Hi, I am currently working w/ JSP's and I had a question regarding the "isErrorPage" attribute. I'm including the "isErrorPage=true" attrib to a common .jspf file that is called by all our error jsp's to enforce conformity.

The only problem is that some of these error jsp's already have the attribute defined in it. I don't want to touch these pages that already exist due to the large number of regression tests that would have to be run.

Is there any way that I can test for the existance of this attribute before I define it in my .jspf file?
ignat

Posted: 06/03/2004, 6:54 AM

isErrorPage="true" defines variable 'exception' of Throwable type. You may try to check if that variable was defined (via reflection for example). But in any way setting isErrorPage to true twice doesn't hurt.

Regards,
Ignat.
View profile  Send private message
Anon
Posted: 07/13/2004, 2:54 AM

Quote ignat:
But in any way setting isErrorPage to true twice doesn't hurt.

Good idea on the reflection, however you cannot set isErrorPage more than once per page ...

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login