CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Round Cornered Box Borders

Print topic Send  topic

crecalde

Posted: 06/07/2004, 3:41 PM

After downloading the newest CCS 2.3, I looked again at the application examples, and was reminded about checking into how to make table or record borders with rounded corners.

In the Portal example at the GotoCode.com site (http://examples.gotocode.com/apps/portal/php4t/), the Articles appear down the center of the home page in nicely formatted boxes, with round corners. The version that ships with CCS generates standard square-cornered, boxes.

Can anyone point me to the .ccp files that generate the rounded boxes? Alternatively, if you can provide a generice sample of code that can be used to develop a new template, that would very helpful.

Thanks,
C.
View profile  Send private message
lurch99

Posted: 06/07/2004, 8:38 PM

C:

the rounded corners are actually tiny GIFs, a whopping 6x7 pixels large! You could add them carefully to corners of a table, and populate the interior of the table with your data....

Lurch
crecalde

Posted: 06/07/2004, 9:13 PM

I understand that. However, I'm assuming that the generated code creates these corners in all the right places by itself, thereby removing the need for me to mark it up.

I prefer not to recreate the wheel - particularly if this code was once distributed as part of the examples.

C.
lurch99

Posted: 06/07/2004, 9:29 PM

C:

I don't know if it's included, but it would take all of five minutes to create yourself, or you could right click on that page, copy, and paste into your own creation. That may take only four minutes...

Lurch
crecalde

Posted: 06/08/2004, 7:03 AM

Lurch:

OK, I get that. What I was concerned about was the location of the corners. I've now looked at the source of the site and realize that the table structure for the record causes the corners to move dynamically. Pretty cool.

Thanks for your replies. They helped me look closer, and forced me to discard a bad assumption about how the code generator was doing this.

Thanks!
C.

P.S. It was a bit more than four minutes, but the next time it won't take more than two :-/
Brent Forbes
Posted: 06/08/2004, 8:49 AM

Hello, If you use Frontpage 2003 with the Code Charge Plugin, Frontpage 2003 sort a does this.

Brent
Brent Forbes
Posted: 06/08/2004, 8:49 AM

Hello, If you use Frontpage 2003 with the Code Charge Plugin, Frontpage 2003 sort a does this.

Brent

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login