CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Multiple versions of CCS on the one computer

Print topic Send  topic

marcwolf

Posted: 06/07/2004, 11:42 PM

Hi Folks..

I'm realy looking forward to working with the new 2.3 version.. prob is that a few of our projects (and they are still beng developed etc) have been written in older versions of 2.2

Is it possible to install CCS 2.3 into a different directory and thus keep the versions seperate so one can try the new features and not worry about the older code being changes.

One of the problems is that we have had to make changes to a couple of the Common components and we do not want that code regenerated or invalidated by newer released.

Many thanks

Dave
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 06/07/2004, 11:47 PM

Hi Dave,

I believe that it is not possible to install both versions on one machine. But you coud keep both CCS installation files and run one of them whenever you want to change the version. Just backup your projects or even put them in separate folders like "CCS 2.2 Projects" and "Upgraded CCS 2.3 Test Projects".
marcwolf

Posted: 06/08/2004, 12:29 AM

Ouch!!!

That is a problem where one is a development house and both need to keep upto date..

And also cannot risk the possibility of existing code being changed.

I suppose one can use a tool like VMWare and thus keep mulitple version of virtual machines - each with their own versio of CCS. But that is a Real pain.

Ok - Where do you think the confilcts will occur between the two versions if I do install them.

Dave

peterr

Posted: 06/08/2004, 12:33 AM

I wouldn't be able to point the exact conflict, but I think that you just won't be able to install and then run both versions. I may be wrong, so no problem if you try and let everyone know :-)
krish
Posted: 06/29/2004, 2:16 AM

hi i am krish i want a project to be done in our college so can u plz give me a computer related new project with details

thanking u
LV
Posted: 06/29/2004, 5:20 AM

Peterr,

Any idea when Yes software will officially release CCS V2.3? the current version is a beta release and have some issues, which confirmed by the support group. The new version has some new features that I will need for new project but can't use it right now on my existing because of the problems.

peterr

Posted: 06/29/2004, 8:25 PM

Unfortunately we have not received sufficient feedback about CCS 2.3 to make the decision to release it as non-Beta.
Some users have reported "I had a problem so I reverted back to version 2.2" but they haven't described what the problem was and therefore we couldn't resolve it.
Without more information we may just keep version 2.3 as Beta to warn users from potential side-effects. I would advise to upgrade at your convenience. There are no critical known problems, except those unkown...
Many more users reported that the upgrade worked OK for them, even here on the forums.
I suspect that people may run into problems mostly if they modified the main parts of the generated code, which then of course will not be overwritten by the new version and therefore may not work properly.
LV
Posted: 06/30/2004, 6:56 AM

One of the problem with the V2.3 is the Date Picker in the .NET doesn't work. Yes support group has confirmed the problem and email to me that it will be fixed in the final release, my question is where can I get the latest build with the fix like V2.3.1 may be? I have not receive any emails saying that the latest build is available so I am assuming the download version is still the original V2.3 Beta, which will not help me.

Regards,
peterr

Posted: 06/30/2004, 12:18 PM

I see. I'll check into this. I suspect that this issue doesn't occur in new projects (I could be wrong but didn't see such issue yet), while I'm not sure what in your current project may be affecting it.
Since it seems that you already are in touch with the appropriate person in our support group I recommend following up and checking if they can provide you with a fix or update.
tweik
Posted: 07/01/2004, 6:08 AM

Quote marcwolf:
I suppose one can use a tool like VMWare and thus keep mulitple version of virtual machines - each with their own versio of CCS. But that is a Real pain.

this was just the way we meant to work - but VMWare (4.5 on Win XP Pro as Host and W2K as Guest) keeps on crashing with CCS 2.2 :(
LV
Posted: 07/01/2004, 7:29 AM

To follow up with my post, the support group sent me a file to update the components in CCS 2.3 to fix my date picker problem. I will try it after work tonigh, so if any of you out there using the .NET and have the Date picker problem you should report to the support. I am not sure if this problem only happen to me. :-)
peterr

Posted: 07/01/2004, 11:10 AM

tweik,
If the problem with VMWare can be replicated in specific steps then please eport it to http://support.codecharge.com and we can try to resolve it.

LV,
I confirmed that there are some minor issues resolves since CCS 2.3, but most of them affect very small number of people. For example only you reported the problem with the Date Picker. Looks like we do need another release, however we're still trying to close several issues that take longer time, especially the memory leaks. Hopefully those can be finalized next week.
LV
Posted: 07/01/2004, 1:47 PM

Peterr,

It is good to know that Yes software is continues improving the current version, my date problem has been fixed using the new vb components provided by the support group. The CCS .NET users is small I think comparing to the ASP/PHP at times I felt like I am the only one using the .NET :(

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login