CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Perl

Datastructure question?

Print topic Send  topic

Aaron Settles
Posted: 06/08/2004, 11:32 AM

I was wondering if anyone maybe has had success with this. Here's what I'm trying to do: I have built an includable page and I have a set of events to perform with that module. This page will be included in multiple other pages and I want these events to be performed for each application which includes this page. The module will work on it's own, but as soon as I try to use it from another page, the variables which are declared in the events file for the included page are no longer accessible. For instance, with the included file on it's own, you can access the datastructure through the hash ref:
$includePageRef->{GridName}->{Variable}
but when the structures are created from the page which is including the first modules, you now have to access the structure using a different methodology, i.e.:
$newPage->{includePageRef}->{GridName}->{Variable}
Is there a generic way of writing the events in the includable page so that I can access the information no matter which page is using the module?
Aaron settles
Posted: 06/10/2004, 9:34 AM

For those of you who care, here's the response I got from CodeCharge Support
Quote :
This case will be closed. If the fix of this issue is included into release this will be reflected in the List Of Changes.
Aaron Settles
Posted: 06/10/2004, 9:36 AM

And here's the more important quote which actually says something concerning this problem
Quote :
For the time being, events in includable pages that are inside other includable pages do not work. We plan to fix this, but this needs some investigation.
andrewi

Posted: 06/11/2004, 5:19 AM

The same problem affects other languages. There are workarounds (see http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=47616&s_keyword= ). The solution from DonB is more generic; whether it's available in Perl is another matter.

This problem must be worth fixing - it must catch many people out. You don't expect the events to change so dramatically on inclusion, and the solution is not obvious (nor in the help file that I've found).
View profile  Send private message
Aaron Settles
Posted: 06/11/2004, 7:21 AM

Andrew,
Thanks for the tip.. I'm checking it out now
sayeed
Posted: 07/15/2004, 1:21 AM

Quote Aaron Settles:
I was wondering if anyone maybe has had success with this. Here's what I'm trying to do: I have built an includable page and I have a set of events to perform with that module. This page will be included in multiple other pages and I want these events to be performed for each application which includes this page. The module will work on it's own, but as soon as I try to use it from another page, the variables which are declared in the events file for the included page are no longer accessible. For instance, with the included file on it's own, you can access the datastructure through the hash ref:
$includePageRef->{GridName}->{Variable}
but when the structures are created from the page which is including the first modules, you now have to access the structure using a different methodology, i.e.:
$newPage->{includePageRef}->{GridName}->{Variable}
Is there a generic way of writing the events in the includable page so that I can access the information no matter which page is using the module?
zeeshan
Posted: 02/01/2005, 11:28 PM

iam joint this site
tarakant
Posted: 04/24/2005, 10:02 PM

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login