CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Editable Grid with 'Add Row' Button

Print topic Send  topic

maggiemel

Posted: 06/09/2004, 9:51 PM

Hello all. I've created a page with a form like the one found in the example pack: the "Editable Grid with 'Add Row' Button." It works great, until I try and add a second form with similar grid. With the two forms on the one page, the behavior of the first form is fine, but when clicking on the "Add Row" button of the second form, it adds a row to the grid in the first form!

If I keep clicking (on the button in the second form) until I reach the maximum number of allowed rows in the first form, then the rows start appearing in the second form.

I tried changing the variable names in the event functions and of the AddRowBtn and within the HTML <TR> tag of the input row of the RowIDAttribute, etc., in the second form, thinking that maybe the javascript was confusing identical variables names of the two forms (I don't know how that could be, given that the form names are different, but I thought I'd try). That didn't work. Then I thought maybe it had to do with the RowID not incrementing correctly and I tried to play around with that, but I'm still not getting the desired results.

Has anyone attempted this? Sorry, my javascript is weak (I suspect this is a javascript problem, but maybe I'm wrong?) and I'm just starting to pull this thing apart to try and understand what's happening.

Thanks.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login