CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Add Record Grid

Print topic Send  topic

ekendricks

Posted: 06/15/2004, 4:11 PM

I have a add record grid, that will auto add an additional row for data entry. What I would like to accomplish is, upon entering the new row for data entry, is to populate some of the text boxes with data from the previous row. This would negate the need to complete each box manually when the required data is the same. Keeping in mind that data in the form at this point have not been written/saved to the database, retrieving the record/entry would not be useful.

Any ideas and or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

ELK
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 06/15/2004, 4:27 PM

Try this experiment with the "EditableGridAddButton" example in CCS Example Pack:
1. In the HTML add id="department" into the <input> tag of the departments field, then add id="manager_id" into the <select> tag of the manager field; so that both fields can be accessed by the id.

2. At the end of the Javascript function "page_departments_AddRowBtn_OnClick()" that you will find within that page, add this code:
document.all.item('department',i-1).value = document.all.item('department',i-2).value;
document.all.item('manager_id',i-1).value = document.all.item('manager_id',i-2).value;
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login