CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Anybody running using CCS for a shopping cart?

Print topic Send  topic

dhempy

Posted: 06/16/2004, 12:37 PM

I am currently specifying two products for our agency web site. One is CCS for general development. The other is an e-commerce solution, primarily just a shopping cart with several distinct storefronts.

I've been looking at a variety of e-commerce packages from $400 - $4000 that seem like a good fit for us.

The two acquisistions are completely independent. I've been shying away from writing our own shopping cart system primarily due to liability. I don't want to be the guy that wrote the program that double-bills our donor's credit cards due to some obscure error.

As I look around at CCS and the sample apps, I'm rethinking that approach. I'm wondering how many other CCS users are using a shopping cart they wrote with CCS. Do you have a feel for the robustness/security of your solution vs. an off-the-shelf package?

Eager to hear your opinions,
-dave

800-333-9764
View profile  Send private message
rrodgers
Posted: 06/16/2004, 6:01 PM

I put together an example of one I did. It uses ASP. It is a very simple example and one should be able to use it or the ideas in there own shopping cart.

http://www.sylvancomputing.com/ccs/ShoppingCart/Default.asp

Quote dhempy:
I am currently specifying two products for our agency web site. One is CCS for general development. The other is an e-commerce solution, primarily just a shopping cart with several distinct storefronts.

I've been looking at a variety of e-commerce packages from $400 - $4000 that seem like a good fit for us.

The two acquisistions are completely independent. I've been shying away from writing our own shopping cart system primarily due to liability. I don't want to be the guy that wrote the program that double-bills our donor's credit cards due to some obscure error.

As I look around at CCS and the sample apps, I'm rethinking that approach. I'm wondering how many other CCS users are using a shopping cart they wrote with CCS. Do you have a feel for the robustness/security of your solution vs. an off-the-shelf package?

Eager to hear your opinions,
-dave

Chiliman
Posted: 06/16/2004, 6:35 PM

Not sure about CCS, but I'd recommend skipping the task and getting oscommerce...

No sense coding something that someone else has hundreds of programmers doing and it's free to boot...

www.oscommerce.com

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login