CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Run At Server Controls

Print topic Send  topic

marcwolf

Posted: 06/16/2004, 8:10 PM

I have been looking through ASP.NET and its capabilities.

As on old VB programmer I often miss the richness of the interface that I used to have available.. However some of this can be done using the new HTML controls.

Some of these can be run at the server and thus have a much extended set of properties.. however in most of the CCS examples I have looked at they use the existing HTML controls.
Is there any reason that the RunAtServer control shoul not be used.
I'm just starting into ASP.NET and would like to make sure before I commit myself too far.

Many Thanks

Dave
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 06/16/2004, 8:50 PM

Dave,

CCS generates the .NET templates (ASPX) that run everything "at server". The .NET output needs to be in HTML format so that your Web browser can display it, therefore you need to specify during the application design what type of HTML output the application should create - for example a ListBox. Then the ListBox code that CCS will generate will look like this:
<select name="" id='FormNameControlName' runat="server">

The HTML controls cannot be much different from .NET controls because .NET outputs HTML. There are extra controls in .NET that CCS doesn't need, however you can use any additional standard or commercial .NET controls.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login