CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Master and Details forms

Print topic Send  topic

lesleyag

Posted: 06/19/2004, 8:05 PM

This is the situation, which I would truly appreciate some help with. I am rather new to Codecharge (as in a couple of weeks) so step-by-step would be great.

I have three tables: Incident, InjuryDetails, Treatment Records. For each incident, there can be a number of injuries and a number of treatments, required as a result of the injuries received in the Incident.

I used the Grid-Record builder so that the Grid displays a Reference No. and a brief description, and then the Record form alongside it. This is all working correctly. What I would like to do now is to show the two child tables (InjuryDetails) and (Treatment Records) beneath the table which contains the Grid-Incident Record Form.

Is it possible to use editable grids for the child tables?

If so, how do I link the editable grids so that when I select a Reference No. the Injury Details and Treatment Records for that reference number are displayed. Also, when I add a new record, what is the best method to ensure that the user can then update the Injury Details and treatment records editable grids.

If there is a better method to display these entry forms, I would be appreciative of any suggestions

Cheers
Lesley
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login