CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

How does CCS stack up...

Print topic Send  topic

mdavis

Posted: 06/25/2004, 9:06 AM

We are evaluating code generators to assist in the day-to-day grind of creating CRUD (Create, Retrieve, Update, Delete) data elements in databases, along with building ASP.NET/VB forms for these functions... CodeCharge is one of the products we are examining, along with IronWorks and .

Can anyone provide any insight, pros / cons, objective feedback on why CodeCharge is a superior product???

Thanks,

Mark

View profile  Send private message
E43509

Posted: 06/27/2004, 9:33 PM

I haven't use the other products but I'm very pleased with CCS. It has really simplified my web development especially for those day to day tasks. It is also very flexible and provides many events to add in your own code
dataobjx

Posted: 06/29/2004, 6:24 AM

:-P Actually, I have been using CCS for over a year now - for heavy web applications involving complex queries and so forth... and there has not been a single time that I have not been able to implement the desired operation or method, etc.

I've also used VB Express in the past but don't anymore due to the strength of CCS.

With any product, there is a learning curve... and mostly with CCS the learning curve (at least to me) was simply with the IDE... e.g., knowing where things are in the IDE and so forth. Once you're familiar with the IDE it's a breeze. And no matter which product you go with - one always has a learning curve with the IDE, menus, etc.

I highly recommend CCS to anyone out there looking for a RAD environment that not only works great, but also has the strength of features you find in CCS.
mamboBROWN

Posted: 06/29/2004, 6:34 AM

:-) I too highly recommend CCS. I used it to complete a high visible project and it went over so well that I was given another high visible project which I completed in record time 8-).

I definitely agree with dataobjx's statements about the learning curve of any software.

I don't think you would go wrong in choosing CCS. Once you do and you conquer the learning curve you and your company will be hooked. ;-)
LV
Posted: 06/29/2004, 12:44 PM

I found CCS is very good and easy to use, but for those aiming at the .NET side like myself, there still limited members using CCS so trying to find a solutions or answers to the .NET as of now is still limited but you can always turn to the software maker support group. :-)
marcwolf

Posted: 06/29/2004, 8:02 PM

We have been using CCS for about 9 months.

Having come from an ASP/VB background I have been very impressed with the way that CCS will give you the 'CRUD' and then enable you to add additional logic/special cases on top of the ASP code.

We have a couple of very complex enterprize apps out there and have found that CCS had done 90%+ of the day to day stuff.

Of course - with any products there are little things that make you grit your teeth - but Yes is definately committed to providing a first class product and a proven enhancement path.

Also - as you can see from the forums here - there are many people of all levels proving input and insights - and that alone can extremely valuable.

Definately a high recommendation from here

CameronF

Posted: 07/02/2004, 2:36 PM

I agree with LV... great product but limited support for us .Net people. Really nice for basic web based database applications!

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login