CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Question on Search results pages

Print topic Send  topic

lisa77

Posted: 06/27/2004, 8:53 PM

Hi, I've successfully created an application that uses a simple search page searching by state and by city. I notice that by default, the search results page is shown on the same page which also has the search box on it. My dilemma is that I need a search results page which does not have the search box on it but can still be used to display parameters for the searches that are done on the original page. I've tried copying my original page and removing the form and then putting the proper parameters in the url to return the proper records, but this breaks the page. Can I have a search results page without the search form on it and if so, is there an example of how to do this somewhere? thanks!
View profile  Send private message
E43509

Posted: 06/27/2004, 9:23 PM

Create a simple form on the return page and set the values of the labels to be the url parameters (the s_xxx)
peterr

Posted: 06/27/2004, 10:46 PM

You don't need a search form to have a grid. They are 2 separate entities. If something on the page is broken, try explaining the problem, including any error messages.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login