CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

.Net Framework 2.0 & 1.1 CCS

Print topic Send  topic

LV
Posted: 06/29/2004, 12:51 PM

Microsoft has just make the .NET Framework 2.0 Beta2 available for download, when I install the .Net Framework 2.0, all my sites created with CCS to work with v1.1 stop working. If I remove the 2.0 then everything work fine again.

Does anyone here sucessfully installed v2.0 along with V1.1 and CCS created site still work?

Thanks in advance.
Pat
Posted: 07/01/2004, 10:30 AM

Hi LV,

I don't have a solution for your question, but I noticed in other posts you are coming from a .NET background using CCS. I to am coming from a VS and VFP background - and in the testing process with CCS.

May I ask you why you are using CCS tools to help with your .NET work? Sorry for the ignorant question, I just don't quite understand all CCS does as of yet, and attempting to cut down on the learning curve since I am just selecting a tool.
CameronF

Posted: 07/02/2004, 2:31 PM

Not my post but to answer Pat... CCS makes extremely short work of database applications when compared to .net. I am a vb.net user but CCS saves a lot of time for basic web based database applications.
View profile  Send private message
Pat

Posted: 07/02/2004, 3:26 PM

CameronF, are selecting .NET as the language that CCS produces? If so, are you having to do additional work in .NET before deliver the web app?
View profile  Send private message
LV
Posted: 07/05/2004, 6:28 AM

Pat,

I'm from Access development and like the idea of being able to use my knowledge in how the application should work and build it quickly rather than having to start from the ground up. I've tried VS but after hours my application still missing lots of features like security, parent child records, etc. So I turn to CCS .NET, after finished all the tutorials, I was able to put together a pretty complex application in a week that is because I ran into problems and have to wait for support group to get back to me, etc. This forum doesn't help either since the number of .NET developer using CCS is small comparing to ASP or PHP. So until the latest ASP 2.0 arrived CCS is my current choice.

Back to my original question, sooner or later new PCs will comes with Framework 2.0 so I just want to see if my existing application would work, apprently it is not in the current of Framework 2.0 beta that MS just released last week.

:-)
LV
Posted: 07/05/2004, 6:37 AM

I don'nt think you will need VS other than hand over your completed project to the developer team in your shop that only familiar with Visual Studio. When you build the application in CCS it will produce the project file to be open in VS.

I used CCS to do all the core design work, and use Frontpage 2003 to make it look better. I was sucesfully build a pretty complex relational database using CCS for the intranet.

In CCS, there are wizards that will help you build the pages with ease, like Search page, List page, login, etc. If you can understand english you can use CCS. But ofcourse you will need to know how to create a database to store the information first and that's what Access and FoxPro are good at. :-)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login