CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> Programming

Help please

Print topic Send  topic

Kenneth Hamilton
Posted: 07/06/2004, 12:27 PM

MySQL Error: 1146 (Table 'opialumn_commerce2.address_book, customers' doesn't exist)

I am getting this error when ever I try to add stuff to two tables in my DB. I am trying to add information from one page into these two tables and I keep getting this error....can anyone help?
Kenneth Hamilton
Posted: 07/09/2004, 4:34 PM

test
Bruce Van Horn
Posted: 07/13/2004, 2:37 PM

Adding something to two tables from one page (assuming that's what you're trying to do) is a bit tricky in MYSQL becuase it doesn't support transactions (assuming you're not using the MAX version).

the error is straightforward enough, it says the table isn't there. to diagnose the problem we'll need more info, but some common sources of the problem are:

whomever the app is connecting as doesn't have access to that database

There is no database called opialumn_commerce2. You really shouldn't need to put that in there anyway unless your query has to span two different databases. is this the case?

are you connecting via ODBC or directly? What language in CC are you using? There might be a better way to go. For example, you might be able to set up a double post where the first post populate one database, then posts back to another page which posts the identical data to a second database.

This would work but its not optimal since something could go wrong with either posts and then your databases are out of synch.

The ideal solution is not to do this off the post at all, but instead to employ database replication, or use a database that supports transactions like postgresql (btw, also free and open source and much more powerful than mysql).

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login