CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Directory Maintenance System example

Print topic Send  topic

Rennault
Posted: 07/06/2004, 5:08 PM

Hello, I'm trying to follow the example for building Directory Maintenance System.
Went through step-by-step.
Question.
it says:
2nd step of the Builder leave the Root Category identifier field empty...
so, I left it empty.
I finished everything but no categories are displayed.
Did I miss something?
peterr

Posted: 07/07/2004, 12:59 AM

I just re-tested those initial 2 steps of recreating the Directory Maintenance and it worked OK for me. I can see the directory.
The Root Category identifier field should be empty and possibly is not related to your problem.
From my point of view the problem now is to determine which of the several pieces of the directory doesn't work properly. There could be dozens of possible reasons. I recommend that you re-start the process, but after each step verify that your directory categories appear on the page. Just switch to the Live Page after step #2 and you should see the directory. Then check if it is still shown after each of the further steps.

BTW, are you using the sample Internet database, or you're trying to set it up to work with your own database?
And does your standard directory (not the mainetance screen) show all categories?
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login