CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

 Record Builder Delete Routines

Print topic Send  topic

Author Message
Graham Pearson
Posted: 07/12/2004, 5:40 AM

Has anyone else had a problem with the delete routines that CCS
generates when a table within the datasource has atleast 14
characters. I created a grid/record builder based on a table within
my datasource that had the name of calendarevents and the grid/record
builder would not delete a record from this specific table. I changed
the table to just events this morning and the grid/record builder
started to delete the records.





Any Ideas?





---

Graham Pearson, System Administrator / Web Developer

Northern Indiana Educational Services Center

56535 Magnetic Drive, Mishawaka IN 46544

http://www.niesc.k12.in.us
DonB
Posted: 07/12/2004, 8:05 PM

My guess: A limitation in the max name length in your database driver
(ODBC? you don't say)

--
DonB

logging at http://www.gotodon.com/ccbth, and blogging at
http://ccbth.gotodon.net


"Graham Pearson" <gpearson@niesc.k12.in.us> wrote in message
news:ccu0sn$kn2$1@news.codecharge.com...
> Has anyone else had a problem with the delete routines that CCS
> generates when a table within the datasource has atleast 14
> characters. I created a grid/record builder based on a table within
> my datasource that had the name of calendarevents and the grid/record
> builder would not delete a record from this specific table. I changed
> the table to just events this morning and the grid/record builder
> started to delete the records.
>
>
>
>
>
> Any Ideas?
>
>
>
>
>
> ---
>
> Graham Pearson, System Administrator / Web Developer
>
> Northern Indiana Educational Services Center
>
> 56535 Magnetic Drive, Mishawaka IN 46544
>
> http://www.niesc.k12.in.us

Graham Pearson
Posted: 07/13/2004, 4:38 AM

It only happens within CCS. If I use Homesite to create a query on
the same database and table names, it will delete the record. After
many hours of messing with this, I have found that if I use the
Grid/Record Builder on one page it will work, however if I use the
Search/Grid Builder on one page and the record builder on another
page, create all of the link fields it will not work.



7/12/2004 10:05:28 PM

DonB <~ccbth~@gotodon.com> wrote in message

<ccvjhm$r2e$1@news.codecharge.com>



> My guess: A limitation in the max name length in your database
driver

> (ODBC? you don't say)

>

> --

> DonB

>

> logging at http://www.gotodon.com/ccbth, and blogging at

> http://ccbth.gotodon.net

>

>

> "Graham Pearson" <gpearson@niesc.k12.in.us> wrote in message

>news:ccu0sn$kn2$1@news.codecharge.com...

> > Has anyone else had a problem with the delete routines that CCS

> > generates when a table within the datasource has atleast 14

> > characters. I created a grid/record builder based on a table
within

> > my datasource that had the name of calendarevents and the
grid/record

> > builder would not delete a record from this specific table. I
changed

> > the table to just events this morning and the grid/record builder

> > started to delete the records.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Any Ideas?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ---

> >

> > Graham Pearson, System Administrator / Web Developer

> >

> > Northern Indiana Educational Services Center

> >

> > 56535 Magnetic Drive, Mishawaka IN 46544

> >

> > http://www.niesc.k12.in.us

---

Graham Pearson, System Administrator / Web Developer

Northern Indiana Educational Services Center

56535 Magnetic Drive, Mishawaka IN 46544

http://www.niesc.k12.in.us
DonB
Posted: 07/13/2004, 6:56 PM

Then I'd guess the "get" parameter list (on the URL) is being truncated.
There is a limit (I forget - is it 255 characters?) as to how big it can be.
Since the problem shows up when there is a second page, that seems the
likely reason. Perhaps Homesite uses "post" params or otherwise avoids this
limitation?

--
DonB

logging at http://www.gotodon.com/ccbth, and blogging at
http://ccbth.gotodon.net


"Graham Pearson" <gpearson@niesc.k12.in.us> wrote in message
news:cd0hjm$ild$1@news.codecharge.com...
> It only happens within CCS. If I use Homesite to create a query on
> the same database and table names, it will delete the record. After
> many hours of messing with this, I have found that if I use the
> Grid/Record Builder on one page it will work, however if I use the
> Search/Grid Builder on one page and the record builder on another
> page, create all of the link fields it will not work.
>
>
>
> 7/12/2004 10:05:28 PM
>
> DonB <~ccbth~@gotodon.com> wrote in message
>
> <ccvjhm$r2e$1@news.codecharge.com>
>
>
>
> > My guess: A limitation in the max name length in your database
> driver
>
> > (ODBC? you don't say)
>
> >
>
> > --
>
> > DonB
>
> >
>
> > logging at http://www.gotodon.com/ccbth, and blogging at
>
> > http://ccbth.gotodon.net
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > "Graham Pearson" <gpearson@niesc.k12.in.us> wrote in message
>
> >news:ccu0sn$kn2$1@news.codecharge.com...
>
> > > Has anyone else had a problem with the delete routines that CCS
>
> > > generates when a table within the datasource has atleast 14
>
> > > characters. I created a grid/record builder based on a table
> within
>
> > > my datasource that had the name of calendarevents and the
> grid/record
>
> > > builder would not delete a record from this specific table. I
> changed
>
> > > the table to just events this morning and the grid/record builder
>
> > > started to delete the records.
>
> > >
>
> > >
>
> > >
>
> > >
>
> > >
>
> > > Any Ideas?
>
> > >
>
> > >
>
> > >
>
> > >
>
> > >
>
> > > ---
>
> > >
>
> > > Graham Pearson, System Administrator / Web Developer
>
> > >
>
> > > Northern Indiana Educational Services Center
>
> > >
>
> > > 56535 Magnetic Drive, Mishawaka IN 46544
>
> > >
>
> > > http://www.niesc.k12.in.us
>
> ---
>
> Graham Pearson, System Administrator / Web Developer
>
> Northern Indiana Educational Services Center
>
> 56535 Magnetic Drive, Mishawaka IN 46544
>
> http://www.niesc.k12.in.us


Add new topic Subscribe to topic   


These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login


Powered by UltraApps Forum created with CodeCharge Studio
Copyright 2003-2004 by UltraApps.com  and YesSoftware, Inc.