CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

TaskManager Tutorial

Print topic Send  topic

Deb
Posted: 07/27/2004, 5:49 PM

I am using an Access DB with ASP.Net VB. I have my application in ASP and plan to convert it over to ASP.NET so I am doing the TaskManager Tutorial. I keep getting the following error, I have retyped it , copied it directly from the Help and also compared it several times to the manual but can't get it to work. It's on the step "Programmatically Control Field's Value". I followed the steps on page 59 exactly...my Content property is HTML. Thanks for the help!

VB CODE:
If DataItem.user_id_assign_to.Value = DBUtility.UserLogin Then
taskstask_name.Text = "<b><font color='blue'>" & taskstask_name.Text & "</b></font>"
End if

Error Message when building:

C:\DOCUME~1\default\LOCALS~1\Temp\~TaskManager\tasks_list.aspx.vb(311) : error BC30451: Name 'taskstask_name' is not declared.

taskstask_name.Text = "<b><font color='blue'>" & taskstask_name.Text & "</b></font>"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:\DOCUME~1\default\LOCALS~1\Temp\~TaskManager\tasks_list.aspx.vb(311) : error BC30451: Name 'taskstask_name' is not declared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stan
Posted: 07/28/2004, 11:25 PM

Hi

Which event you are use? The correct event should be "Before Show" of task_name Label.

Stan
Deb
Posted: 07/29/2004, 1:30 PM

Thanks that worked! I was so consumed with following the instructions very carefully that I didn't play around with it to get it to work another way. They need to update their tutorial!

Quote Stan:
Hi

Which event you are use? The correct event should be "Before Show" of task_name Label.

Stan
LV
Posted: 07/30/2004, 6:14 AM

I agreed, the manual has not been updated since it released. Some typos could hammer new users whom reviewing the software before purchase it.

I have no problem with the ASP tutorials but when trying the .NET I found typos and got errors when generating the project. I have to submit in my project and screen shot of my codes to support and get it resolved bit and pieces. The good news is the support group is helpful and always find the solution for my problems. I wish they update the manual regularly as they resolve the issues reported, we are talking about electronic document here so it should be easy for Yes software to update it on regular basis.

Over all I am happy with CCS performance. It has saves me countless hours on projects. :-)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login