CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

refresh view or textbox

Print topic Send  topic

drpcken

Posted: 08/27/2004, 8:58 AM

I'm going to try this again. For some reason, none of my questions get answered here. Also, I paid for support, and have YET to get the answers I need. And now, the support site is down, AGAIN. I call and leave messages, but haven't received any calls back.

I have a listbox thats datasource is a view i created in sql. Next to the listbox is a DropDownList named TeamLeaderName with integer values. I added this code to my onChange event of my Dropdownlist:

window.location.href = "TeamLeaderCounselor.aspx?TeamLeaderName=" +this.value;

So that when the value of the dropdown list is changed, it stores it in the URL for reference. The view then goes and using the value of the DropDownList, writes a query that pulls records of the DropDownList and displays them in the listbox. However, I cann't seem to pass the value from the url into my view and refresh my view. This is very frustrating and I'm unable to get a peep out of CodeCharge support for help.

View profile  Send private message
Stan
Posted: 08/28/2004, 12:12 AM

Hi

Did your add the Where param (Type = URL , Source = TeamLeaderName) to the DataSource of your ListBox? Does the page navigated correctly when you change selected item in DropDown?

Stan
drpcken

Posted: 08/28/2004, 7:37 AM

THank you stan!! THat works great!

One more question if you don't mind...
When I update some records in a grid and run the live page, it doesn't seem to refresh, I have to right click and hit refresh to get the updated view, is there somewhere in my code i can programatically refresh the page onload?

Thanks again!!!
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login