CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Designer not in sync with Code view

Print topic Send  topic

rogersw

Posted: 09/13/2004, 8:17 AM

using CodeCharge Studio 2.3 licensed edition, C#

It seems that changes to the design view throws the project out of sync after the first publish cycle. The Design view updates the HTML in the HTML view, but it does not update the HTML in the C# Code view (file whatever.aspx contains the real HTML). So runtime errors will result. I found I need to make any change in both places to keep the site functioning.

This is inconvenient at least, annoying at best. Is there a patch or a better approach for this problem?

Anyone have this problem?,
Wayne
View profile  Send private message
E43509

Posted: 09/14/2004, 7:14 AM

I think you've touched the aspx file. Once you do that, the code generation for that page is turned off. If you delete all of the code on the aspx page and then regenerate (it will display all in grey). Once you touch it, the page turns white to indicate that you've customized the page and no longer can generate
rogersw

Posted: 09/14/2004, 12:52 PM

I think you're right. I ended up deleting the page from the designer all together and recreated it. That seems to have solved the problem.

I guess the moral of the story is, don't touch the code window because it might take offense even if nothing was really changed.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login